Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My anti depressants are making me crazy?....

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:32 PM
  • 25 Replies
I just started taking these pills a few weeks ago and I feel like im getting mad about every little thing lately...

For example... My biyfriend got the black ops 2 game and plays the damn thing all the time, I dont mind him playing never had becuz the way I look at it,id rather him play his video game than being at the bar or clubs. Plus weve been together for over three years so the honey moon thing is kinda over anyways. But he just recently missed my dd cheer competition bcuz he stayed up playing too late and today he got off of the game to go pick up a friends daughter. Im pissed bcuz he got off the game for his friend but couldnt get off of it for my dd. since hes gotten the game thats all he does. He comes to bed 6,7 even 8 in the morning. Since the game has came out weve spent a total if maybe 2 hours together... It came out on the 13th!!!!

I know this is a reason to be irritated but im down right pissed off to where I dont even want to talk to him. I dont know if I should talk to my dr tomorrow at my appt about this becuz of my anti depressent are a new thing and I dont wanna sound like a psycho...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:41 PM
What med are you taking? Unfortunately some meds have crazy side affects...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aguinn06
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:43 PM
Its an anti depressant I take for migranes it has a long name and its n the room with him and I dont wanna see his face right now lol
sucker4myloves
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:47 PM

I shouldn't think it's the meds, dear. Gaming obsessions have that effect on the people who don't play them. Even if it's never bothered you before. When my ex got Halo 3, he got so bad that he stopped bathing and feeding his daughter and  his mother and I had to do it. I was so livid at his disgusting behavior. I ended up breaking up with him; my husband knows now that I have a breaking point with games, and if he ignores our son to play a game, I will put the x-box through a window. And I used to be a gamer before I had a kid, so I'm not immune from sympathy, but things need to be reasonable.

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

aguinn06
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:51 PM
I understand this completely but im getting enraged over it just not irritated thats whats making me nervous

Quoting sucker4myloves:

I shouldn't think it's the meds, dear. Gaming obsessions have that effect on the people who don't play them. Even if it's never bothered you before. When my ex got Halo 3, he got so bad that he stopped bathing and feeding his daughter and  his mother and I had to do it. I was so livid at his disgusting behavior. I ended up breaking up with him; my husband knows now that I have a breaking point with games, and if he ignores our son to play a game, I will put the x-box through a window. And I used to be a gamer before I had a kid, so I'm not immune from sympathy, but things need to be reasonable.

strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:51 PM
Id be pissed 2
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sucker4myloves
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:54 PM

I would also get enraged, but then bipolar runs in my family and I never bothered getting diagnosed, so I might be giving you terrible advice by saying it's normal if it's not. Whether or not your antidepressent is doing it or it's normal to get so angry, I do suggest you let him know in no uncertain terms that he will limit his gaming time or else find himself with plenty of free time as a single man, if asking nicely hasn't worked.

Quoting aguinn06:

I understand this completely but im getting enraged over it just not irritated thats whats making me nervous

Quoting sucker4myloves:

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

rune777
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:00 AM

i say talk to your dr it should be fine i talk to mine about my hubbys gaming obsetion all the time  she says its a contributing facter to my depretion you should try to talk to your husband and tell him how its making you fell  sometimes that helps...((HUG))

aguinn06
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:01 AM
Its so pointless to talk to him he has an excuse for everything its annoying

Quoting sucker4myloves:

I would also get enraged, but then bipolar runs in my family and I never bothered getting diagnosed, so I might be giving you terrible advice by saying it's normal if it's not. Whether or not your antidepressent is doing it or it's normal to get so angry, I do suggest you let him know in no uncertain terms that he will limit his gaming time or else find himself with plenty of free time as a single man, if asking nicely hasn't worked.

Quoting aguinn06:

Quoting sucker4myloves:

Oceana09
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:02 AM

That's not your meds. That's your "I'm your wife and you're paying more attention to a tv than you are me" sensors going off. Been there, done that, and it's never fun.

romanceparty4u
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:02 AM

amitriptyline?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN