Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

besides getting fixed

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:14 AM
  • 39 Replies
What birthcontrol method,do u find most effrctive besides getting fixed of course lol. I plan on getting fixed but nervous and scared about it. So right now I plan on getting on something until I go to get fixed. I was already on BC pills but thats how I got pregnant dont want to go that route again lol thanks ladies
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Why not have your husband get fixed? It's less invasive, safer, cheaper and he'll heal faster than you!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ack86
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:18 AM
I'm using depo until I get my tubes tied.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Numom61507
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Abstinence. It's the only fool-proof method lol

romanceparty4u
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:25 AM

abstinence is a sure fire treatment.

Or, get HIM FIXED.

TableforSeven
by Judy on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:29 AM

We are done having babies....have been for over 9 years....but do not believe in doing anything permanent.  I was on the pill for a while...tried two different pills but neither was agreeing with my body too well.  For the last 5 1/2 years I have been in Mirena.  I had the first one for the full 5 years and got the second one the day the first was removed.  Mirena has been awesome for me.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:53 AM

I used the bc patch.  I loved that there were no pills to take nor shots to take.

JP-StrongForTwo
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:55 AM

well MOST effective would be NO SEX lol

using the pill AND the condom would work best i would think. 

krayzbabylove
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:56 AM
Drop worked for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Marimaru
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:50 AM

I was on Depo for 7 years before having kids, then the pill for 2.  I had an IUD after my first baby was born, and after the 2nd baby was born.  All of the above have worked for me.

Depo *may* be responsible for some of my weight gain, but I'm responsible for plenty without blaming that, lol.  I also was depressed for many years while on Depo, but never related it until years later looking back... it may or may not have been.  The Mirena IUD I am on my 2nd of and I recommend it.  (Also, both of my sisters use the Mirena without issue, and both of them are on their 2nd of that also).

emandab
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:04 AM

I've had the Implanon for 2 1/2 years now.  BC doesn't work for me because they put me on low-dose for family history.  I haven't had any problems with it other than spotting, but I had that problem on the bc too so...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)