Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
What birthcontrol method,do u find most effrctive besides getting fixed of course lol. I plan on getting fixed but nervous and scared about it. So right now I plan on getting on something until I go to get fixed. I was already on BC pills but thats how I got pregnant dont want to go that route again lol thanks ladies
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:14 AM
Replies (11-20):
Piskie
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:12 AM
Implant. It's awesome for me. No periods, no pain or weight gain, nothing to remember.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kandi2100
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:57 AM
I wanted the hubby to get fixed but he will hear nothing of it lol. I do want to get fixed but want to wait untill after the holidays. Were def done having kids I just am scared and nervous ive had my 3rd c section just dont want to go through more procedures lol. but think il go with,depo plus condoms just to be safe
lilyrose842006
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:04 AM
Me too, although I've noticed that a lot of other women have had problems with it. I've only had mine in for about 7 months, but I like not having to worry about taking a pill everyday or deal with the effects that I had on depo.

Quoting TableforSeven:

We are done having babies....have been for over 9 years....but do not believe in doing anything permanent.  I was on the pill for a while...tried two different pills but neither was agreeing with my body too well.  For the last 5 1/2 years I have been in Mirena.  I had the first one for the full 5 years and got the second one the day the first was removed.  Mirena has been awesome for me.

TableforSeven
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:16 AM

I have had two Mirenas now and have never had a bad reaction - in fact, they have been the best thing for me.  I have seen other women who have had problems...but it has been nothing but wonderful for me.  :-)

Quoting lilyrose842006:

Me too, although I've noticed that a lot of other women have had problems with it. I've only had mine in for about 7 months, but I like not having to worry about taking a pill everyday or deal with the effects that I had on depo.

Quoting TableforSeven:

We are done having babies....have been for over 9 years....but do not believe in doing anything permanent.  I was on the pill for a while...tried two different pills but neither was agreeing with my body too well.  For the last 5 1/2 years I have been in Mirena.  I had the first one for the full 5 years and got the second one the day the first was removed.  Mirena has been awesome for me.

KatherineM
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:43 AM
I have paraguard and love it I have been on all kinds of birth control.
Three different kinds of pills. Depo gained a ton of weight. It also caused me to bleed for 3 months straight Nuva ring it caused me to have horrible periods. I have had paraguard for four years and I love it my periods are a little heavier but that's about it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DayDreamer1201
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:45 AM

implanon

I have heard the IUDs are getting worse and moving mor

SandraJo
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:47 AM
We use condoms, however I have an appt to get on BC and DH is getting fixed.
SandraJo
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:50 AM
Sweet! I'm hoping my doc will provide that. I can't remember pills, hate shots, and don't fancy my hubby feeling anything from mirena or paraguard.

I'm hoping that it will help with my acne as well.

Quoting Piskie:

Implant. It's awesome for me. No periods, no pain or weight gain, nothing to remember.

jonnlilithsmom
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:51 AM

I loved being on Depo Provera... I started out over-weight, and lost almost 50lbs while I was on it, so that was great, and the only other side-effect I had from it was my periods stopped, which was even better...

it's not for everyone, but it's an option you should talk to your doc about, IMO

SJF1989
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:52 AM
I'm on the implanon. It's what has worked best for me, I was on the mirena for 3 years...and I had so many complications but couldn't get it removed because I didn't have insurance, I don't even notice my implanon. And I only sometimes spot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN