Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
What birthcontrol method,do u find most effrctive besides getting fixed of course lol. I plan on getting fixed but nervous and scared about it. So right now I plan on getting on something until I go to get fixed. I was already on BC pills but thats how I got pregnant dont want to go that route again lol thanks ladies
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:14 AM
Replies (21-30):
pasteeater
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:00 PM
I wonder why its called getting fixed. Are you broken? Lol it would seem you'd be broken after having it done. I just always wondered. I can't get pregnant so I'm of no help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
So_Devious20
by Be.the.change.♥ on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:02 PM
I had mirena for 2 months short of 5 years. I would reccomend it's sister, paraguard, to anyone in the market for bc. Hormone free for 10 years. HELL YES
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
So_Devious20
by Be.the.change.♥ on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:03 PM
Hahaha. More like getting rigged to not work. Like those games @ fairs and such. One in a million chance.

Quoting pasteeater:

I wonder why its called getting fixed. Are you broken? Lol it would seem you'd be broken after having it done. I just always wondered. I can't get pregnant so I'm of no help.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pasteeater
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol yeah. The only way I could get pregnant is by a true act of God. lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kandi2100
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 2:32 PM
Whats parsguard never heard of it?

Quoting So_Devious20:

I had mirena for 2 months short of 5 years. I would reccomend it's sister, paraguard, to anyone in the market for bc. Hormone free for 10 years. HELL YES

So_Devious20
by Be.the.change.♥ on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:26 PM
It's an iud. It doesn't have the hormornes mirena has and is better for you.

Quoting kandi2100:

Whats parsguard never heard of it?

Quoting So_Devious20:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dusky_rose
by Sue on Nov. 22, 2012 at 1:31 AM

I was on depo until my DH got fixed.

Sue ~ Head Admin
~ D.V. Survivor/Admin

CountryMomma123
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 1:52 AM

It;s not invasive for the woman to get it done. It is now an out patient operation. They make three little holes in the abdomen and do it laparoscopically and there are no stitches needed and then you go home. It hurts for a day or two and then your fine. That was how I had it done and I was told that that is how it is done now for women who choice to have it done. And it was cheaper then having my hubby having it done. LOL

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Why not have your husband get fixed? It's less invasive, safer, cheaper and he'll heal faster than you!

CountryMomma123
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 1:55 AM

I used a condom and the pill and got pregnant with twins. I thought for sure this would work so I didn't have to have my tubes tied. Boy was I wrong. I am not saying it will happen to everyone but it happened to me and I thought it was funny.

Quoting JP-StrongForTwo:

well MOST effective would be NO SEX lol

using the pill AND the condom would work best i would think. 

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:21 AM
Really? All the information I looked up said different. But that was a few months ago. Either way, isn't the chance of needing a hysterectomy higher when you get your tubes tied? Also, early menopause. No thank you. And as women, we go through so much already. The least our husbands can do is get a little snip action lol!

Quoting CountryMomma123:

It;s not invasive for the woman to get it done. It is now an out patient operation. They make three little holes in the abdomen and do it laparoscopically and there are no stitches needed and then you go home. It hurts for a day or two and then your fine. That was how I had it done and I was told that that is how it is done now for women who choice to have it done. And it was cheaper then having my hubby having it done. LOL

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Why not have your husband get fixed? It's less invasive, safer, cheaper and he'll heal faster than you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN