Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
What birthcontrol method,do u find most effrctive besides getting fixed of course lol. I plan on getting fixed but nervous and scared about it. So right now I plan on getting on something until I go to get fixed. I was already on BC pills but thats how I got pregnant dont want to go that route again lol thanks ladies
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:14 AM
Replies (31-39):
CountryMomma123
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Not when its done the way I had it done. It's less invasive and the chances of a full hysterectomy is slim to none. What do you mean by early menopause? Are you talking about after getting your tubes ties because I had it done and I still get my monthy and I was told that I would not be going thur that until I was much much older.

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Really? All the information I looked up said different. But that was a few months ago. Either way, isn't the chance of needing a hysterectomy higher when you get your tubes tied? Also, early menopause. No thank you. And as women, we go through so much already. The least our husbands can do is get a little snip action lol!

Quoting CountryMomma123:

It;s not invasive for the woman to get it done. It is now an out patient operation. They make three little holes in the abdomen and do it laparoscopically and there are no stitches needed and then you go home. It hurts for a day or two and then your fine. That was how I had it done and I was told that that is how it is done now for women who choice to have it done. And it was cheaper then having my hubby having it done. LOL

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Why not have your husband get fixed? It's less invasive, safer, cheaper and he'll heal faster than you!

waffa
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:24 PM

this...

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Why not have your husband get fixed? It's less invasive, safer, cheaper and he'll heal faster than you!

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 1:00 PM
That's what I read. After having it done, women go into menopause earlier than those who don't have their tubes tied.

Quoting CountryMomma123:

Not when its done the way I had it done. It's less invasive and the chances of a full hysterectomy is slim to none. What do you mean by early menopause? Are you talking about after getting your tubes ties because I had it done and I still get my monthy and I was told that I would not be going thur that until I was much much older.

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Really? All the information I looked up said different. But that was a few months ago. Either way, isn't the chance of needing a hysterectomy higher when you get your tubes tied? Also, early menopause. No thank you. And as women, we go through so much already. The least our husbands can do is get a little snip action lol!

Quoting CountryMomma123:

It;s not invasive for the woman to get it done. It is now an out patient operation. They make three little holes in the abdomen and do it laparoscopically and there are no stitches needed and then you go home. It hurts for a day or two and then your fine. That was how I had it done and I was told that that is how it is done now for women who choice to have it done. And it was cheaper then having my hubby having it done. LOL

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CountryMomma123
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:10 PM

LOL I can tell you that I had it done three years ago after I had my twin sons and I am having a bigger flow then before and it lasts longer and it hurts more then before I had my tubes tied. I am only 32 and with the pain I am in when I have my monthy I wish I had never had it done. My doc wants to put me on BC to help with the flow and the pain but that was why I had it done in the frist place so iw ouldn't have to take a pill every day. I just suffer through it and move on. I was never good at remembering to take the bill when I was on it. LOL

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

That's what I read. After having it done, women go into menopause earlier than those who don't have their tubes tied.

Quoting CountryMomma123:

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Quoting CountryMomma123:

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Nikki286
by Nicoli on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Abstenece? lol  jk... i am allergic to pretty much all birth control pills and have a reaction with the patch and the shot so other then condoms couldnt tell you which would be best

shoot4thestars
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:47 PM

I was on the pill for about 5 years and then stopped it to get pregnant.  I had the depo before I was on pill but it was horrible for me, so now I'm afraid to do anything other than the pill after I have my baby and I hated being on the pill.  Well, since I will only have on child and I don't want anymore, my husband elected to get fixed being that he will already have two children then.

K_D88
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:55 PM

I have paraguard and love it.  It is good for ten years

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
AlohaTink
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:19 PM
We use condoms or the rhythm method. I can't take bc since my mom had uterine cancer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Whisper85
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:28 PM

I use VCF. It's vaginal contraceptive film, no mess at all and very easy. 
http://vcfcontraceptive.com/
If you're interested. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)