Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

locking your child in the car accidentally?

Posted by   + Show Post
I can laugh about it now thanks to my reminder on my keys...When my son was about 4 months old, i went shopping and carried a big box back to my car and i had my son on his carseat in the stroller, i got to my car put my son in, turned on his toy (a mirror with soothing music and lights) closed the back door, folded his stroller placed it in the trunk, since it was a small car the box didn't fit so i was gonna put it in the front passenger seat but i saw a lady carrying her child trying to get in the car parked next to me so i quickly placed the box on the driver seat and set my keys on top unintentionally and accidentally closed the door enough to where i couldn't open it anymore and yes it was locked, all my doors were locked, no window open and my keys inside and my purse and my 4 month old...ling story short..i ended up calling the firefighters cuz my baby was getting fussy and crying luckily it was February so the weather wasnt hot or anything but trust me my first thought was to break a window...i felt horrible! Has anyone else had a similar experience?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:28 AM
Replies (31-34):
Rylan2009
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:51 AM

My mom did that to my son when he was a baby. She felt awful and to this day will NEVER close her door unless there is another one open when there is kids in the back. It really got to her when she did that. It was the beginning of Summer but one of our neighbors helped her out.

pasteeater
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:55 AM
Thank God I never have. We don't have automatic locks. It gets up to 115 so that can be deadly! I'm glad your little one didn't get sick. That has to be scary.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamalusbear
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:55 AM

My Dad was putting my son in the car and he accidentally locked the keys in the trunk....thankfully it was a cool day and DS was sleeping, but it still scared the crap out of me.  Anyway we called AAA and they were there in two minutes and got the doors open and everything was fine.  It was really scary....if it had been warm I think I would have broken into the car to get him out.

pangie23
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:44 PM
Wow thank goodness i wasnt the only one. It hasnt happened again and i hope it never does again. Its an honest accident that can happen to anyone, luckily my baby was entertained for the first 15 to 20 mins he was in there and right around when the fire fighters got there he started to cry but it only took them minutes before they were able to open the door, omg i was a total mess, i got in and held my son like if it were my first time..:-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)