Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Any IDEAS for inexpensive gifts for 10 year old boys??

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:33 AM
  • 13 Replies

I am making my xmas list, and I have about 5 boys that are ages 9 up to 11.  

I have 3 girls who are all under 6 so I have no idea what to get an older boy haha. 

I'm getting lots of gifts for all the children in the family etc.  so I want to get them something not inexpensive (black friday here i come!)

Last year I got Nerf Guns and paper jamz guitars at Walmart black friday for under 7 bux. So no Nerf guns this year lol.  My Aunt said her Grandson got like 5 of those last year  oops  embarrassed

Any mamas of boys have any tips for me???

Thank you so much!! :) 

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goldilocksbecky
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:39 AM

Legos.  They have the little small packs where you make one thing (like a little vehicle) for around $5.  The Lego Ninjago stuff is also really popular right now and they have small packs for that as well.  That's also the kind of stuff that even if they already have one they won't mind getting another.

ninipanini
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:04 AM

Books!

They have these really cool Doodle Books, for boys, for girls, and then some that are for both.
They're around 10-15 at B & N you might find them online cheaper, too

My kids loved them

It gives them a chance to draw(filling in lines that are drawn) without the pressure of a blank page(WHAT AM I GOING TO DRAW?!)  LOL

ninipanini
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:06 AM

Also, PokeMon Cards.  Or Yo-gi-uh or whatever the other one is.

I have a 10 yr old son who still likes them.  THey're around 8-10 for just the cards, they come in a tin

A woodworking bird making kit from a hobby store

coin collecting book(they have them in eras(1975-1996, etc.) for pennies, nickels, dime, quarters.  They start at around $3

Zanny
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:07 AM

Define inexpensive... to me, inexpensive gifts for Nephews would be about $30 or less

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Get them "the Guiness book of world records" Kids that age LOVE it. In hardcover its about $20 in paperback under $10.

MommyBoha
by Country Girl on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:30 AM
Pokemon or Beyblade
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deloit
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:37 AM
1 mom liked this
my 14 yr old got a book about disgusting facts when he was 10 and he still looks at it.it is for kids
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
velvetkitty
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:39 AM

Legos.  Or books.  Or some kind of science kit.  Or maybe one of those car model kits that you build?

angie729
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:29 AM

BeyBlades are popular with that age group. Hot wheel cars are always good.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:53 AM
Do you have any 5 Below stores in your area? Great place to shop for inexpensive items. My kids (DS is 12, DD is 7) love it there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)