Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Question about Christmas cards, question for those who do or dont celebrate. Bashing welcome

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:50 AM
  • 29 Replies

I started a new business right after Christmas last year, this year I want to send Christmas cards to all of my clients.  I do not know which ones celebrate Christmas or not.  I wanted to get a card that wouldn't offend anyone Christians or any other religion.   The cards I chose have a snow man on the front and inside it says "Hope the Holiday seaso is a jolly time for you and yours".   I think they are pretty non offensive but nice at the same time.  What do you ladies think?

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LanasMommy0504
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:51 AM
Sounds good to me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PensFan99
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:51 AM
I would agree. Very neutral.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DragonX
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this

If you don't know if someone celebrates Christmas or not, referring just to the holidays is about as unoffensive as you can get without saying "Have a good winter" xD

jillianmayasmom
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:17 AM
Sounds good to me!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kansasmom1978
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Send a Christmas card that is non religious. 

DayDreamer1201
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:20 AM

That sounds fine. Just do Happy Holidays or something to that effect. Don't put Christmas in it at all. 

And how DARE you be so nice to send everyone Holiday cards! That's just ridicuous... You spend so much time doing these cards, who's watching your kids??? LMFAO I crack myself up!!! Happy Holidays mama :D

itsm3
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:10 AM

how about "seasons greetings" cards... something pretty neutral.

Lordgodempress
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Quoting kansasmom1978:

Send a Christmas card that is non religious. 

I thought the cards i described are not religous

Lordgodempress
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Quoting DayDreamer1201:

That sounds fine. Just do Happy Holidays or something to that effect. Don't put Christmas in it at all. 

And how DARE you be so nice to send everyone Holiday cards! That's just ridicuous... You spend so much time doing these cards, who's watching your kids??? LMFAO I crack myself up!!! Happy Holidays mama!

The 16 yr old will probably be writing the cards for me since her handwriting rocks and mine stinks and the other two will be helping me stuff them into envelopes so I should get bashed for child labor

Kmary
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 6:30 PM

I think yours is just fine.  I grew up Catholic in an area with a large Jewish population and I was always surprised at how many Christmas cards (holiday, but really many actually said Christmas) that my Jewish friends and their families would receive.  They weren't offended at all.  They liked them. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN