Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Is there anything I can do for this?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:09 PM
  • 4 Replies
I'm 24 weeks pregnant and Im already huge. I've gained 17 pounds so far and I'm measuring at 27 weeks. Every time I stand up, it feels like my muscles are just being ripped apart. This pain is down towards the bottom of my belly/the top of my pubic area. It's awful. I know it's common with pregnancy, but I didn't have these pains with my other two - even when I gained 80 pounds.

I've heard about pregnancy belts and my bff's physical therapist just gave her one because she has bad hips and her pregnancy is making them worse. Would they help with the pains I'm having? If so, where can I get one? I plan on talking to my OB about this at my next appointment, but just wanted to get some insight before then.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
outtamymynd
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:11 PM
It couldn't hurt to try! I know a couple people who used them and they said it helped.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zombiemommy7
by mamakels on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:11 PM
Maybe some light stretches/ yoga would help? Always talk to your dr. First though before doing so. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
itsblissmas
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM

I agree that it would be good if you talked to your doctor. They could also recommend where you can get a pregnancy belt if they don't already have one to give you. I hope you feel better soon!

MeghanPerez
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:36 PM
Thanks. I'm miserable. Hopefully I get some relief soon. This will probably be my last pregnancy and it has been the toughest.

Quoting itsblissmas:

I agree that it would be good if you talked to your doctor. They could also recommend where you can get a pregnancy belt if they don't already have one to give you. I hope you feel better soon!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN