Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Question about hunting and pics?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:06 PM
  • 13 Replies

So, I'm not a hunter. Not my thing. I don't care who is but I am really curious. Is it the norm for people to take pics of the deer after they kill it? My sister's friend is my friend on FB and Instagram and her pics are just graphic. They hung the deer up in a tree and took pics and she held the heart up in pics. Her and her boyfriend kissed in front of 2 deers hanging in the background where it looks like they are kissing. I was like "Woah".  This seems like a little much and maybe twisted.

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
southern.momof2
by Mel on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this
The heart and kissing thing seems like a bit much. We are hunters and almost everyone I know takes pic of their deer. They are proud of providing for their families.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kayandjsmom
by Alecia on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:08 PM

I've seen the pics of people holding the deer up after they kill it or such but I'm talking her specific way. It just seemed a bit much, like you said.

Quoting southern.momof2:

The heart and kissing thing seems like a bit much. We are hunters and almost everyone I know takes pic of their deer. They are proud of providing for their families.

mamahoney400
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:10 PM

I grew up around hunting and it is common to take pictures with the dead deer.  Sometimes while it is hanging up and sometimes on the ground or the back of a pickup truck.  I have never seen anyone pictured while holding the heart.  That seems a little weird.  

lovinglife0682
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:19 PM
My husband always takes a picture of it right after he kills it. Not hanging though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kayandjsmom
by Alecia on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:45 PM

I found it weird that they posed two deer hanging in a tree and put their mouths together to look like they are kissing and then they are kissing in front of it. But I've seen the other ones you mentioned. Never thought much of that.

Quoting mamahoney400:

I grew up around hunting and it is common to take pictures with the dead deer.  Sometimes while it is hanging up and sometimes on the ground or the back of a pickup truck.  I have never seen anyone pictured while holding the heart.  That seems a little weird.  

a06z08mama
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:48 PM
Yeah her way is a bit freakish. My so and his son usually do the kneeling holding the rack pictures. And that's how my family does it too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pamelax3
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:50 PM

We take a picture of the deer. But not while they are hanging or holding the heart, that is a bit twisted for me

spitfire06
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:50 PM
Huh yuck she must be a dr or interested in the anatomy of animals...or maybe a psychopath xd
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2ZOEBETH
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:51 PM

I don't see any problem with hunting if its for food,being proud of your kill or even the pics you described.It seems...primal. However, I dont personally wanna see that shit. I would hide them from my status feed or remove them just out of preference.

BraydensMama163
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:53 PM
Yea its a little weird
But we always take pictures with the kill. And the first kill you have to do a blood smear on your face.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)