Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Whats on the menu for thanksgiving

im going to make a bacon fried turkey

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:25 PM
Replies (141-144):
Caramel824
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:50 AM
my boyfriend did cornbeef and cabbage like he's Irish!!!
gcstar42
by Shara on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:26 AM

I do feel very blessed to have such a large close knit family. My cousins are my best friends and all of our kids are super close and best friends as well. There were actually quite a few that were not even able to be here this time because they live too far away, but even with those we are close and talk often. It makes for a lot of fun times. However, anyone that has any family at all that they love and loves them is pretty lucky! In the future maybe you could invite some needy friends or maybe some military people (singles or families) who are feeling a little lonely and you could liven things up a bit! Lol either way I hope you still had a great thanksgiving! And on the bright side if you make your favorite dish you don't have to share it with so many people!

Quoting BeAmour:

WOW!!

I kind of envy that. I'm from a 3rd gen. line of only children so, family functions aren't big. My mom is "technically" the only child from being adopted but she did find her birth family and she has siblings but the entire side lives in Germany.

I don't speak to my bio-dads side of the family because of trailer trash drama and him coming in and out of my life since I was a baby.

My parents don't speak to my step-dads side (he's the one who raised me) for the most part. They speak to maybe a niece and nephew every now and then and they speak to my dad speaks to his son on occasion. He has nothing to do with his daughter. I don't consider them my siblings because they are much, much older than I am. I'm 27, my "brother" is 50 and my "sister" is 56.

So it's always just me, my mom, my dad and when DS isn't spending a holiday with his father, then him, too.

Functions are pretty boring and blah. I kinda wish I had that kind of family.

I'm happy that you had a great Thanksgiving with everyone!

Quoting gcstar42:

Lol it ended up being about 60. It was all family just from my grandparents down to their great grandkids. Only one person was here who was not a family member.

Quoting BeAmour:

holy shit man! How many people are you feeding?

Quoting gcstar42:

Ham, turkey, dressing, giblet gravy, hot rolls, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, potato salad, develled eggs, ramen noodle coleslaw, macaroni and cheese, green bean casserole, broccoli cheese and rice casserole, squash casserole, black eyed pea salad, regular pea salad, broccoli salad, cranberry sauce, regular green beans, corn, 8 pumpkin pies, 4 pecan pies, 4 cheesecakes, 2 peach cobblers, coconut cream pie, banana pudding, blondies, honey bars, chocolate cake and a variety of cold veggies, chips, and dips. These are the things I know for sure we are having. Some of our family members were not completely sure what they were bringing so there will be more than what I listed but it will be a surprise lol

tinysmom160
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:26 PM

turkey,cheese potatoes,greenbean cass,rolls,stuffing,gravy

justme91755
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy. biscuits, firecracker green beans, a veggie plates, big tossed green salad and my husband made his world famous cheescake for desert.  Why is it, it takes 6 weeks to lose 5 pounds and 6 hours to gain it back?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)