Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Does anyone have a boy with pierced ears?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:29 PM
  • 143 Replies
My 7 year old son is askin to have his done. I don't really know how I feel...
Do I let him or no?
How do you get it done and have it looks tasteful? Do they have specific jewelry for boys?
Thanks in advance for and advice or info
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AlohaTink
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:37 PM
3 moms liked this
Umm. No.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JennyCaps
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:38 PM
Hmmm. At 7 I'm not sure how I would feel. If my son was a teenager and wanted to gauge his ears I wouldn't mind. Well as long as he didn't gauge them too big. They have more boyish earrings now a day. Gosh I am no help... BUMP!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I would tell him when he is a teenager or older.  Does he have friends who have pierced ears?

missamanda86
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:39 PM

No I dont, and wont until they are out of my house, but bumping for you so you can get some answers :)

momma2b2008
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't have boys but if I did they sure as hell wouldn't have their ears pierced. I think it's trashy!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsRi
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:42 PM

I would take him to a piercer (APP certified) and let him talk to him about options, location, gauge and appearance.

I'm modified.  If my son wanted his ears pierced, I'd make him do research and understand what the piercings was, what gauge he wanted, what shop, the cost, the before AND after care and how much it would cost to maintain the piercing.  If he was able to prove to me that he could do all that, I'd take him to my body artist and have him talk with him and then let him do it.  I'm not a fan of allowing young kids or even teenagers to gauge their ears beyond an 8 though.  I have mine done and I've done mine slowly.  Kids though, they do it so fast that by the time they are adults their ears are blown out or so big that they can't go back to normal and if changes their career options when they got too big.

PestPatti
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Both of my sons had their ears pierced.  My oldest when he was 10 or 11.  My youngest when he was 13 or 14.   Neither have them anymore.  

slayerslegacy
by Shakespeare on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this
My son's ears are pierced. I don't see the big deal. I'd let him do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smurfbitebug
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:11 PM
My SS has small guages* and personally I think they look stupid. He is too skinny and baby faced for them to look good in any way.

But that's just me. Well, his dad thinks so too, but whatever. We're old and out of touch. Who cares.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Christy1919
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:14 PM
Thank god that fad missed my kid
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)