Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Does anyone have a boy with pierced ears?

Posted by   + Show Post
My 7 year old son is askin to have his done. I don't really know how I feel...
Do I let him or no?
How do you get it done and have it looks tasteful? Do they have specific jewelry for boys?
Thanks in advance for and advice or info
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:29 PM
Replies (41-50):
myhandsomelove
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:02 PM
My oldest has them pierced, he got them when he turned 15, he uses small simple diamond studs. Its really up to you to let him. Thats what he wanted as a bday gift so we took him to get it done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
keeler_s
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you

Quoting myhandsomelove:

My oldest has them pierced, he got them when he turned 15, he uses small simple diamond studs. Its really up to you to let him. Thats what he wanted as a bday gift so we took him to get it done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tennisgal
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this

sorry, that will not happen in my house.

why does your 7yo want it?? kids at school?? 

TableforSeven
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:50 PM

No, my sons will not be allowed to pierce anything as long as they are under 18.

PrettyinaCasket
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:15 PM

I would just let him look at some body jewelry online.  There are a lot of options for guys now.  My Husband and I both have various body mods (piercings, tattoos, I'm considering an elf ear mod right now actually etc.) so my oldest son is very interested in piercings and tattoos.  He will be 6 in December.  What he REALLY wants is to get his nose pierced, but obviously that's a no go because he's so young.  So he has asked for an ear piercing.  We'll be doing it after he turns 6 though we are waiting for after Christmas as it will be one of his gifts.  I personally don't see a problem with it, but it's a part of who I am so I might feel differently than other people.  It's 2012 now though, I think most people agree that having piercings even one of the various ear piercings is not just a "girl thing" anymore.  If he decides he doesn't want it anymore, he can take it out.  I am personally of the belief that parents should let their children have some freedom to express themselves in how they look or dress and their identity as long as it's safe, isn't too old for them (10 year olds wanting to wear skirts that show their bums, too much skin or dress like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman etc.) and within reason in relation to their age.

My advice to you is NOT to take him to the place at the mall where they use the guns to pierce ears.  Take him to a legitimate piercing & tattoo shop and have a professional do it with a proper piercing needle.  If you would like I could send you some suggestions for body jewelry for males in a message or something.

keeler_s
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:49 PM
Sure I would Iove some suggestions

I have my nose, ears, and tongue done as well my hubby has piercings too. I agree it's 2012 lots of men and kids have piercings.
I also agree that having it done at a piercing shop is best:)
Although I did have my dd done at the mall but she was a baby

Quoting PrettyinaCasket:

I would just let him look at some body jewelry online.  There are a lot of options for guys now.  My Husband and I both have various body mods (piercings, tattoos, I'm considering an elf ear mod right now actually etc.) so my oldest son is very interested in piercings and tattoos.  He will be 6 in December.  What he REALLY wants is to get his nose pierced, but obviously that's a no go because he's so young.  So he has asked for an ear piercing.  We'll be doing it after he turns 6 though we are waiting for after Christmas as it will be one of his gifts.  I personally don't see a problem with it, but it's a part of who I am so I might feel differently than other people.  It's 2012 now though, I think most people agree that having piercings even one of the various ear piercings is not just a "girl thing" anymore.  If he decides he doesn't want it anymore, he can take it out.  I am personally of the belief that parents should let their children have some freedom to express themselves in how they look or dress and their identity as long as it's safe, isn't too old for them (10 year olds wanting to wear skirts that show their bums, too much skin or dress like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman etc.) and within reason in relation to their age.

My advice to you is NOT to take him to the place at the mall where they use the guns to pierce ears.  Take him to a legitimate piercing & tattoo shop and have a professional do it with a proper piercing needle.  If you would like I could send you some suggestions for body jewelry for males in a message or something.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarah824
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Nope. Not until he lives on his own. Just my feeling.

bluelola
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:01 AM

My oldest son (almost 16) wanted his ear pierced when he was 5.  I told him to wait until he was 7 and if he still wanted it pierced, we would.  He didn't and he still doesnt.  My youngest son (now 10) has never wanted his ear pierced.

-spork2.0-
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:02 AM
Dh has his done, why wouldnt I let my son?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Sexy and I know it on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:02 AM
No but I noticed in a picture my friends son had or has them done I looked like he was 7-8 in the picture and he is now 11
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)