Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Woman Keeps Dead Husband for 3yrs and has kids feed him

Posted by   + Show Post

here is the story below this shit is crazy....

Woman Keeps Dead Husband for 3 Years & Has Kids Feed Him

Posted by Nicole Fabian-Weber
on November 20, 2012 at 8:09 AM

bedI'm just going to cut to the chase here: A woman kept her dead husband in her bed for three years and had her five (young) homeschooled children feed him a special broth and talk to him. There, I said it. According to investigators: "The children, who were worried for their mother and realized their father was dead, would tell her that he talked to them and ate the food." (They apparently also masked the awful smell with air fresheners.)

All came to a screeching halt, though, when the family had to move out of their apartment, and two of the girls -- ages 9 and 14 -- decided it was time to get rid of dad, so they disposed of him in the bushes. The end.

Well, not really. As you may suspect, things didn't exactly go smoothly when the girls were trying to ditch their dad. I mean, the man was dead for three years.

Warning: Grim stuff ahead.

More from The Stir: Woman Sits Next to Dead Boyfriend for 9 Hours on Plane

When the girls -- who never in a million years should have been put in this position -- tried to dispose of their father via putting him in garbage bags and leaving him in the bushes, his head and right hand fell off. I know. So, they had to put him in a dumpster. I know. Amazingly, after police investigated this horrifying situation, they determined that A) although the mother was (clearly!) unstable, she posed no threat to anyone (what about traumatizing her kids?); and B) her children miraculously all seem mentally stable. Hopefully, they'll be placed in good care now -- far, far away from their mom.

This is one of those things that if you saw it in a movie, you'd be like, "Yeah, okay, sure that would happen." But the truth is clearly stranger than fiction, as it did. And it's awful. 

I'm amazed that these poor children all checked out to be fine right now, but I can't help but wonder what's going to happen in years to come. I mean, a 9-year-old girl saw her father's head snap off. There's no way that won't have a lasting effect. These poor, poor kids. Ugh. This really is one of the most disturbing stories ever. Hopefully, this woman will get some much-needed help also. Awful all around.

What do you think of this?

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:42 PM
Replies (11-20):
momdoes
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:06 PM
1 mom liked this

what about dad's job? Coworkers? Family? Friends? How did all the peole in this man's life not realize he was either missing or dead? Did they not go over to the house to console the wife and kids? how did they not smell him? Trust me, dead tissue from humans is a smell you dont soon forget nor can you mask it with freaking air freshner!

GiggleBellies
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:16 PM

idk i was like wtf when i read it

Quoting rayroe2:

what if they acted like that because the father was crazy? and how did the father side of the family not know?!

meka26
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:22 PM

WOW

_WC_Mama
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Oh my god that is quite strange

mom_dl6
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Huh WOW that's just well you know......................CRAZY SICK !

Mommy_Jenx3
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Oh my

girlw_glasses
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:42 PM
I think I might be ill
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KellBell0820
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:43 PM
There's a story like this, no kids, but wife killed husband and kept him in her bed for years. It was twisted.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Aleta775
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:47 PM

I think that those kids realized that mom was nutty when dad died. It sounds like she didn't want to accept his death and that's why they fed him and spoke to him. I'm not sure how the kids came out of this being well adjusted, but maybe the mom did a good job other wise? :S I don't know. I think it is tremendously sad and tragic for everyone. I really hope this mom gets help for being a loon, and that those kids are okay.

Aleta775
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I think you are referring to A Rose for Ms. Emily.  

Quoting KellBell0820:

There's a story like this, no kids, but wife killed husband and kept him in her bed for years. It was twisted.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)