Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
What are you reading now?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:42 PM
Replies (11-20):
deloit
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:34 PM
im reading Odd Thomas Forever.ill get the 3rd book soon.i like Dean Koontz
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pasteeater
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:39 PM
I'm reading Life As We knew it. Its actually a young adult series. I've read them many, many times. I don't know why but I just love that series. I have a teenage son and I gave copies to his friends even.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PrettyinaCasket
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:55 PM

LOVED that book, the second one is just as good.

I'm reading Breakfast at Tiffanys right now as well as a biography of Vivien Leigh and a Native American romance novel.  They are my weakness, romance/erotica, but I round them out nicely with my love of non-fiction and classic literature I think though.  lol

I read Gone With the Wind and Wuthering Heights (two of my all time favorites)  every single year during Christmas, so I'm going to start those in a few weeks.

Quoting girlw_glasses:

I just finished Bared To You by Sylvia Day. I need the second book now lol

mamakenzi
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:36 AM
Mansfield Park by Jane Austen.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bmw29
by Buttcrackncornchips on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:37 AM

Mad River by John Sanford

ninipanini
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:16 AM

The shoemaker's wife by Adriana Trigiani, just finished White Horse, by Alex Adams

ninipanini
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:18 AM

THe original Holly Go Lightly was nothing like the Audrey version was it?

I liked the Diamond Guitar story better.

But I have always loved the movie, so I'm sure that colors my opinion.

Quoting PrettyinaCasket:

I'm reading Breakfast at Tiffanys right now as well as a biography of Vivien Leigh and a Native American romance novel.  They are my weakness, romance/erotica, but I round them out nicely with my love of non-fiction and classic literature I think though.  lol

I read Gone With the Wind and Wuthering Heights (two of my all time favorites)  every single year during Christmas, so I'm going to start those in a few weeks.

Quoting girlw_glasses:

Msgme
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:19 AM

I'm reading the davinci code  Its the only one of his books I have not read. I'm also reading the Vampire academy series (i'm on book #3)  and I'm finishing up the Percy Jackson series.

PrettyinaCasket
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Yes, VERY different.  I've been meaning to read it for years, I'm a HUGE classic film fan.  Breakfast at Tiffanys has been one of my favorites since I was a little girl, I'm a HUGE Audrey fan, as well as Marilyn, Vivien Leigh, Jean Harlow, Elizabeth Taylor, Louise Brooks, Mae West, Jane Mansfield, Betty Grable, Jane Russel etc.

I had read and heard that it was very, very much different but I was surprised still.  I do still LOVE the movie though, it will always be a favorite.  I kind of look to them as being totally different entities, the movie and the book because Holly is so different in the book than how Audrey played her, probably because of the censors and all that partly Isn't it strange to think that they wouldn't let a faithful adaptation to be made in the 60's?

Quoting ninipanini:

THe original Holly Go Lightly was nothing like the Audrey version was it?

I liked the Diamond Guitar story better.

But I have always loved the movie, so I'm sure that colors my opinion.

Quoting PrettyinaCasket:

Quoting girlw_glasses:

mary841108
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Salems Lot by Stephen King. love it :) hubby got me about 15 stephen king novels and i have read everyone, then i had to buy more because he is one of my favorite authors. his stories are beyond the realm of anything i have ever read. and every book is unique and never ceases to amaze me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)