Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
What are you reading now?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:42 PM
Replies (21-30):
mary841108
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 2:15 PM

i have 37 of stephen kings books...he is an addictive writer lol. I have a bunch of the special edition books from him and sometimes the letter to the reader part is just as good as the actual story he is telling. Im re-reading salems lot right now. that one is one of my favorites. Have you read Lisey's story yet? if not, i recommend it highly! one of his best in my opinion. his characters really come to life and the story is complex and keeps you turning the pages...can you tell im a SK fan???

Quoting Momtogirls0823:

Dreamcatcher by Stephen King.  I really think I am becoming a Stephen King fan!   I just started it but it looks like it's going to be really good!  :)

GreenEyePixie
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 2:16 PM
Reading The Butterfly Forest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wydowness
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 2:16 PM
The Inamorata
Red Rain
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nikki286
by Nicoli on Nov. 21, 2012 at 2:20 PM

this

Clairwil
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 2:49 PM

ninipanini
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Did you know Truman Capote wanted Marilyn Monroe to play Holly Go Lightly?  How's that for against type?  LOL

Although, once you read the original story, you find they really have nothing to do with each other. Breakfast at Tiffany's is right there in my top 5 flicks.  And it's a romantic comedy.  LOL  I don't care for those in general,but  it's still my fave.

Only Hollywood could take a story like that and make it into a romantic comedy.  Although, if you watch Butterfield 8 with Liz Taylor, she was a hooker too, and really, that's all Holly is in the story. Remember the line..."Hmmm that's awful generous"  LOL  The "Interior Decorator" Vs. Quel Rat. 

Oh how I love that movie.

Quoting PrettyinaCasket:

Yes, VERY different.  I've been meaning to read it for years, I'm a HUGE classic film fan.  Breakfast at Tiffanys has been one of my favorites since I was a little girl, I'm a HUGE Audrey fan, as well as Marilyn, Vivien Leigh, Jean Harlow, Elizabeth Taylor, Louise Brooks, Mae West, Jane Mansfield, Betty Grable, Jane Russel etc.

I had read and heard that it was very, very much different but I was surprised still.  I do still LOVE the movie though, it will always be a favorite.  I kind of look to them as being totally different entities, the movie and the book because Holly is so different in the book than how Audrey played her, probably because of the censors and all that partly Isn't it strange to think that they wouldn't let a faithful adaptation to be made in the 60's?

Quoting ninipanini:

THe original Holly Go Lightly was nothing like the Audrey version was it?

I liked the Diamond Guitar story better.

But I have always loved the movie, so I'm sure that colors my opinion.

Quoting PrettyinaCasket:

LOVED that book, the second one is just as good.

I'm reading Breakfast at Tiffanys right now as well as a biography of Vivien Leigh and a Native American romance novel.  They are my weakness, romance/erotica, but I round them out nicely with my love of non-fiction and classic literature I think though.  lol

I read Gone With the Wind and Wuthering Heights (two of my all time favorites)  every single year during Christmas, so I'm going to start those in a few weeks.

Quoting girlw_glasses:

I just finished Bared To You by Sylvia Day. I need the second book now lol

ninipanini
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:53 PM

I am his #1 fan, LOL. 

I love King.  Dreamcatcher is one of my least faves by him, but whatever blows your hair back. I like the tie-ins, though.

Quoting mary841108:

i have 37 of stephen kings books...he is an addictive writer lol. I have a bunch of the special edition books from him and sometimes the letter to the reader part is just as good as the actual story he is telling. Im re-reading salems lot right now. that one is one of my favorites. Have you read Lisey's story yet? if not, i recommend it highly! one of his best in my opinion. his characters really come to life and the story is complex and keeps you turning the pages...can you tell im a SK fan???

Quoting Momtogirls0823:

Dreamcatcher by Stephen King.  I really think I am becoming a Stephen King fan!   I just started it but it looks like it's going to be really good!  :)

adrianasmommy07
by Kristin on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:34 AM
I'm reading the second of the the millennium series "The Girl who Played with Fire". The first one, "The Girlwwith a Dragon Tattoo" was very good but not a t all what I expected. I just finished the House of Night series which was def. Fun, very young but fun. I also really liked the Game of Thrones series.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Momtogirls0823
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 10:34 AM

No, I haven't read it yet.  I will have to keep it in mind, though.  Once I'm done with Dreamcatcher I'll have to check it out!  I'm a one book at a time girl!  LOL!  ;)

Quoting mary841108:

Quoting Momtogirls0823:

I am a busy working mom to two very active girls.  I love my kids, play on the floor in the fort with them, take them to the park, and love them always!  I can't imagine life without them!

school bus       school bus

grey7399
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Re-reading Intrigues by Mercedes Lackey

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN