Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Police: Woman Forced Children Into Shower To Open Pores, Struck Them With Extension Cord

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:54 PM
  • 11 Replies

A woman was arrested on four counts of child endangering after allegedly using an extension cord to beat her children at a home on St. Clair Avenue in East Columbus.

Javoya Harris was accused of forcing her children to shower in order to open their pores. After they showered, the children, ages 15, 12 and 10, were told to step into a hallway.

Once in the hallway, Harris, 35, struck the children with an extension cord until she was too tired to continue, according to police.

“When you take a child, and you beat them with an instrument, such as an extension cord and then you do that over a period of time, and then continuously, that's going to leave some emotional scarring that the kids are going to have to deal,” said Sgt. John Hurst, Columbus Police.

The punishment was apparently because the kids had neighborhood friends over.

The oldest child told school officials about the incident two days after it happened.

WBNS-10TV went to the home, but the young woman who answered did not comment.

The owner of a neighborhood corner store said he knew the mother and was surprised at the accusations.

“She's a nice person. We never had a problem with her and her kids are great kids. They come here all the time. They're polite, and they're respectful, and they are nice kids,” said Sam Rabadi, Owner of the Fast & Friendly Store.

Harris was arrested on four counts of endangering children (torturing a child) and four counts of domestic violence.

Watch 10TV News and refresh 10TV.com for more information.

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momdoes
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:55 PM
2 moms liked this

Sick bitch! I hope 12 dozen women beat her ass in prison!!!!!

cklamour
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:57 PM
That is NOT spanking! That's down right child abuse!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
A.J.s_mommy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:57 PM
How sad.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
myhandsomelove
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:57 PM
WTF?!? absolutely no words fot pieces of shit mothers like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momtogirls0823
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:00 PM

So sad.  I find it hard to even call her a "mother".  Those poor kids.  I hope they find the strength to move on eventually.  

ATG499
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:09 PM
WTF
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pasteeater
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:16 PM
How the hell is that only four counts of abuse? Thats crazy. Those poor kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aleta775
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:17 PM

I hope that it is just an accusation and not true, but you never know. People are crazy and they can seem very nice to the public, but once they are behind closed doors.......

Jlee4249
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:18 AM
It doesn't make sense to me. The 15 yo reported it two days later & says they were for Ed into the shower (together?) to "open their pores" then consecutively whipped in the hallway.... All as punishment for having friends over?
The story is shocking. If true, I'm sure there's more to it & the woman should het what she deserves from other prison inmates. However, while I believe in giving any child the benefit of the don't when it comes to abuse cases, based on this article, I'm just not ready to fry the woman without more info. It just doesn't sound plausable.
alwayskk
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:19 AM

She sounds crazy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN