Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Some days I really feel my kids are trying to kill me

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:08 AM
  • 8 Replies
Or at least drive me insane. My 3 yr old had a nightmare and didn't go back to sleep until midnight. I tried a few times to calm her down but she wouldn't so I layed down with her. She poked me for a couple of hours and I gave up and left the room. Then ds started screaming and I have tried getting him to sleep now for quite a while. He just keeps fussing/screaming. This is the 5th day in a row like this. All the other days I got an hour and a half to three hours of sleep total. Looks like another one of those nights. Super fun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Dude, I haven't really slept in five years.  Sucks.

mommaG9
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:16 AM
Mine are the same way!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:19 AM
It's just been alternately shrill screaming and fussing all night every night for so long. Tylenol does nothing. He stops if I pick him up but I try not to do that unless he is going absolutely bonkers. I go in, calm him, leave and repeat every 15-20 minutes all night long. I have to get some sleep. It's really going to kill me!! I am so irritable I just want to scream "shut up and sleep!!!!!" I won't but damn it I want to. I have t be up at 5:30 every morning to get 2 kids off to school and then I'm taking care of 2 more at home all day. There is no time to rest during the day.

Quoting Lunarprancer:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:23 AM

I've yelled shut up and sleep.  I admit it.  Mostly if I want to sleep, she is next to me in my bed.  Do what you have to do.

Quoting norahsmommy:

It's just been alternately shrill screaming and fussing all night every night for so long. Tylenol does nothing. He stops if I pick him up but I try not to do that unless he is going absolutely bonkers. I go in, calm him, leave and repeat every 15-20 minutes all night long. I have to get some sleep. It's really going to kill me!! I am so irritable I just want to scream "shut up and sleep!!!!!" I won't but damn it I want to. I have t be up at 5:30 every morning to get 2 kids off to school and then I'm taking care of 2 more at home all day. There is no time to rest during the day.

Quoting Lunarprancer:

With light and love

norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:29 AM
He is 9 months old, I can't yell at him, it wouldn't make him sleep and it would scare him. There is nowhere I can lay down with him and sleep. Dh moves too much in his sleep for it to be safe to put ds In our bed and dh won't sleep on the couch because he has a bad back and the couch is too short. I'm afraid I will roll on ds if I sleep with him on the couch. So I'm just sitting around waiting for him to fall asleep and going in and calming him now and then.

Quoting Lunarprancer:

I've yelled shut up and sleep.  I admit it.  Mostly if I want to sleep, she is next to me in my bed.  Do what you have to do.

Quoting norahsmommy:

Quoting Lunarprancer:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pasteeater
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:52 AM
Hell my oldest is 26 and my youngest is fourteen. I haven't had a full nights sleep in 26 years. Lol nobody warns you about that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 2:45 AM

Did you try playing soothing music or running a fan in his room to help keep the sleep steady?  It stinks when they tag team you that way.

norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:43 AM
Yep, he hated both :(. I finally went to sleep at 3:40 but my 3 yr old woke up at 5 am and woke everyone else up turning on all their lights. Not cool. There is a fog delay this morning and no one is sleeping in.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Did you try playing soothing music or running a fan in his room to help keep the sleep steady?  It stinks when they tag team you that way.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN