Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

recipie help???

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:24 AM
  • 5 Replies

thanksgiving is always held at my sisters house.  She does most of the cooking.  I'm responsible for the stuffed mushrooms.   Mine always taste just like my grandmothers which is why i get mushroom duty  lol  but t his year i wanna change it up just a bit.   any ideas?????

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Msgme
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:06 AM

BUMP!

forsakenjewl24
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:56 PM

what does your family like?

Apollos82
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:00 PM
Recipe.

And I don't use a recipe....I dice the stems along with about half again as many mushrooms as I will be stuffing, garlic, onions, parsley, in a food processor. I then mix in bread crumbs, crumbled bacon, salt, pepper, and blue cheese. I stuff the mushrooms and bake at 375-400 until the mushrooms give their water and the tops are browned.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
forsakenjewl24
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:08 PM
Original recipe makes 12 large mushrooms Change Servings

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel. Carefully break off stems. Chop stems extremely fine, discarding tough end of stems.
  2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and chopped mushroom stems to the skillet. Fry until any moisture has disappeared, taking care not to burn garlic. Set aside to cool.
  3. When garlic and mushroom mixture is no longer hot, stir in cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, black pepper, onion powder and cayenne pepper. Mixture should be very thick. Using a little spoon, fill each mushroom cap with a generous amount of stuffing. Arrange the mushroom caps on prepared cookie sheet.
  4. Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the mushrooms are piping hot and liquid starts to form under caps.
1likeme
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:10 PM
The pioneer woman has some awesome recipes for stuffed mushrooms on her website.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)