Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

ok enough of this, obviously a few things need to be cleared up here.....

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:14 PM
  • 74 Replies
7 moms liked this

was just in the post about the lady who's son was denied care due to no insurance, and a woman was saying that in canada, we pay through our noses in taxes on everything, beer is SO expensive ( like it being cheap would be a GOOD thing?ppffft)

blah blah blah.

OUR TAXES ARE NOT THE ONLY SOURCE OFREVENUE THAT PAY FOR OUR HEALTHCARE.

so stop. just stop. you don't live here, so stfu. you don't know.

i live in saskatchewan. we have this wonderful thing called "crown corporations" these are; SaskPower, SaskEnergy, SaskTel, SaskWater.

we ALSO have potash mines, oil, and other exports which our PROVINCE owns.

and a good percentage of the profits made from these companies goes BACK INTO OUR PROVINCE to cover stuff like healthcare, education, highways, infrastructure, ect.

crown potash corp this year alone contributed 8 BILLION to our province. 

do we pay taxes? of fucking course we do. about the same as you, in fact. is cost of living a bit higher? YES but the lowest min wage in canada is 10/hr. 

so seriously, stop bashing our healthcare! you have no clue what you are talking about~!

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
connie45
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:16 PM

The best thing about Canada is Gino Vannelli. 

D.O.E.
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:17 PM

BUMP!

Ninjascreenname
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:17 PM
3 moms liked this
I'm jealous of Canada and their awesome healthcare!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
D.O.E.
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:17 PM

no idea who that is, lol

Quoting connie45:

The best thing about Canada is Gino Vannelli. 

D.O.E.
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:18 PM

you should be!! we have probably the best healthcare system in the world. why anyone thinks it is so aweful is beyond my understanding.

Quoting Ninjascreenname:

Sparkyfire
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Agree. So sick of seeing people say socialized healthcare is going to kill us all like it does all the other countries who practice it.
silverdawn99
by Jamie on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:20 PM
2 moms liked this

that is why i think what obama is TRYING to get done is awesome

everyone deserves healthcare whether they are poor or rich

D.O.E.
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:22 PM

those other countries are old countries and they are feeling the affects of a world wide economic collapse. it is NOT because of healthcare. in fact, i can bet you my bottom dollar, that when the stocks hit rock bottom, gov't and banks will rush to buy them up at a low price, then re-inflate the market, and make a lot of $ off the whole "collapse" many economic collapses over history have been engineered.

Quoting Sparkyfire:

Agree. So sick of seeing people say socialized healthcare is going to kill us all like it does all the other countries who practice it.

Ninjascreenname
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:23 PM
2 moms liked this
Honestly, my husband and I have looked into moving there. Not for a stupid reason like the election, but because we are interested in a change of culture and a change of area. The healthcare system plays into why a tiny bit, but not a whole lot. Overall, Canada seems like an amazing place.

Quoting D.O.E.:

you should be!! we have probably the best healthcare system in the world. why anyone thinks it is so aweful is beyond my understanding.

Quoting Ninjascreenname:

Groove
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:23 PM
my bff is from toronto (married a man in alabama) and i had a friend who recently went to sasketchewan (sp) for canadian army training. I really wanted to move to toronto but found out that to get the healthcare, i'd have to be a citizen and have to live in canada as a resident for 7yrs before qualifying for citizenship. But i love canada. I really do. One day i'll move to ontario.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN