Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

newborn sleeping all day...help!

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:41 PM
  • 23 Replies
my bff just had a baby on nov.1st, and he won't stay up during the day. daddy works 3rd shift, and he seems to be on daddys schedule, goes to 'bed' around 10 am with daddy...:/ she tries to keep him awake, but he wants to sleep...then he's up all night. any advice on keepin lil one awake?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:42 PM

thats what they are supposed to do.

bcuz2pplfelnlv
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this
well, no. not really...it's called mixing up nights and days, alot of babys do it, but not all. i know alot about it, why it happens etc...just wanted suggestions how to keep him awake besides the normal stuff...changing, bath...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillianmayasmom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this
He will correct himself in time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bcuz2pplfelnlv
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:51 PM
that's what i told her...:/ she's frustrated...first child...i'm sure ya'll know...;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Yup The baby is very new to the world so his schedule could be mixed up.  She should sleep when he does and wait to see if it sorts itself out in a month.  To help him understand the "proper"times during day keep the house as bright and noisy as possible and at night as dark and quiet as possible.

prdmomnarmywife
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:13 PM
This !! At night have her only use a nightlight or tv light . Feed him change him & put him back down . During the day , all windows open play ,cuddle , feed , bathe Ect . Until he switches she should sleep while he does .

Quoting frndlyfn:

Yup The baby is very new to the world so his schedule could be mixed up.  She should sleep when he does and wait to see if it sorts itself out in a month.  To help him understand the "proper"times during day keep the house as bright and noisy as possible and at night as dark and quiet as possible.

Ronnie28
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:17 PM
It's gonna be a lot of sleepless nights with my first one she never slept during the night until a good month or more Shes 3 now. My youngest is 3 months and it took her 3 weeks to get her nights and days she's all good now thank goodness lol it well get easier until they hit 3 lol kidding
pamelax3
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Just has the schedule messed up, it will work it self out

D.O.E.
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 5:27 PM

drink coffee and breastfeed? tickle him? i don't know, lol. babies do their own thing. mom needs to adjust her schedule maybe.

sunnyday05
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Quoting notjstasocermom:

thats what they are supposed to do.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)