Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Worried! Anybody know what besides infection can cause blood in urine?

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:31 PM
  • 20 Replies

My dh was in a lot of pain a couple of weeks ago, and it had started a couple of weeks before THAT. Pain in his abdomen and he constantly had to pee and when he did not much would come out. One night he was even puking and moaning and writhing in pain in bed. It took me WAY too long to convince him to go to the Dr. He would feel really terrible for two or three days and just when he finally broke down and agreed to go to the Dr, he would feel a bit better for a day or two and decide he didn't need the dr. after all. He just got some vitamins and cranberry pills and thought that would cure it. I told him it wouldn't and begged him several times a day t o go to the dr, but he wouldn't listen.

FINALLY after he'd sufferred enough he went to the Dr. The dr. tested his urine, and since even before they tested it they saw there was blood in it, they prescribed him, I think it was called Cipro? It's only prescribed for Anthrax and severe urinary tract infection. He's been taking the antibiotics, and now they got his test results back and it says he does NOT have an infection. He has been feeling better on the antibiotics, but what could it be if it's not an infection. Does that mean it could be something worse, or should I not be worried since he feels better?

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KadynsMommy806
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:33 PM
Many things can cause blood in urine. Bladder stones, kidney stones, crystals in the urine, more serious issues like a growth or tumor in the bladder. Did the doc offer other diagnosis?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof2girlz33
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I am no doctor but it sounds like he may have kidney stones.

loisl25
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:36 PM

No she didn't. But they want him to come back for another urinalysis. He drinks too much coffee and soda, so that could have something to do with it.

Quoting KadynsMommy806:

Many things can cause blood in urine. Bladder stones, kidney stones, crystals in the urine, more serious issues like a growth or tumor in the bladder. Did the doc offer other diagnosis?

brittanyjenean
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:36 PM
Sounds like he may need to see a urologist.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
imuney
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Yes I agree he needs to see a nephrologist or urologist ASAP

notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:46 PM

kidney stones

lovebugs_mom906
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:16 PM
Sounds like it could be kidney stones.

My DH had blood in the urine several weeks ago, but no pain at all. They never did figure out what caused it, but he's fine now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
scoutfamilyof7
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Kidney stones!!! I had blood in my urine for a week before the stone passed.

PlaysAllDay
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:55 PM
It could be so many things but my guess is a kidney stone.

I always have trace amounts of blood in my urine. I drink a cup or two of coffee a day and that's about it. I try really hard to drink more but i'm just not a thirsty.person. My doctors think the blood is because I don't drink enough and what i do drink is hard on my bladder. All my tests have came back clear. I have pain and frequent urges to go, which amazes me because i don't drink enough to pee what i do, lol.
anikahaynes1
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:57 PM
Internal bleeding
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)