Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

2500.00 for peeing in the yard .. what !

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:48 PM
  • 54 Replies

Im in shock over this as we live out in bfe .. but i still think this was a bit much ..

Officer Fired for Issuing 3 Year Old $2500 Ticket

By KSEE News

Credit: MSN Now

Ashley Warden was ticketed by police after her 3-year-old son, Dillan, tried to urinate in their front yard in Piedmont, Oklahoma.

November 21, 2012Updated Nov 21, 2012 at 12:32 PM PST

Remember Dillan Warden, the Oklahoma 3-year-old who earned his mother a $2,500 fine after he unzipped and prepared to urinate in the family's front yard?

Ken Qualls, the officer who wrote that ridiculous ticket, has been fired by the city. Qualls, an 18-year police veteran, was widely criticized for his four-figure overreaction to the situation.

The fine for Warden's mother has been dropped and the ticket was amended to contributing to the delinquency of a minor. That still seems harsh, but it's much, much cheaper

There is much more to this story from MSN Now, to read about it CLICK HERE.

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cowgirlsmommy
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Why did the cop lose his job over this?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:42 PM
5 moms liked this
Because our country rules itself in the court of public opinion. And the public holds the opinion that children are somehow exempt from laws. No wonder we have a generation of kids that don't know what rules are.

Quoting cowgirlsmommy:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mom2the.rescue
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:43 PM

lol wow.  I remember my neighbor (a close friend of ours) calling--laughing hysterically--to tell me my son was on the roof of our car peeing on the driveway.  He was about 3, and I left him out there for like 5 minutes...and this is what happened lol.

bwsmommy
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:44 PM

From my understanding it was because of the amount and outcry from others..

Quoting cowgirlsmommy:

bwsmommy
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:46 PM

See my children (all boys) learned (potty trained) to pee by peeing outside thorugh the fence .. granted we do live in bfe .. However i think 2500.00 for peeing outside for a 3 yr old is a bit much ...

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

lol wow.  I remember my neighbor (a close friend of ours) calling--laughing hysterically--to tell me my son was on the roof of our car peeing on the driveway.  He was about 3, and I left him out there for like 5 minutes...and this is what happened lol.

Aurora-Dove
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:49 PM
2 moms liked this

You left a 3 year old outside alone?

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

mom2the.rescue
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Or maybe because there are other ways to teach a child to not pee in public.  We have a generation of kids that don't follow rules because of extremists.

Quoting christina0607:

Because our country rules itself in the court of public opinion. And the public holds the opinion that children are somehow exempt from laws. No wonder we have a generation of kids that don't know what rules are.

Quoting cowgirlsmommy:

mom2the.rescue
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:51 PM

My kids learned to use a toilet unless there really wasn't one, then I would bring them to the woods or whatever.  This incident was a one time thing, and I find it hilarious.

Quoting bwsmommy:

See my children (all boys) learned (potty trained) to pee by peeing outside thorugh the fence .. granted we do live in bfe .. However i think 2500.00 for peeing outside for a 3 yr old is a bit much ...

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

christina0607
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:51 PM
The fine wasn't ever to teach the child anything. I would call using your lawn as a toilet...extreme.

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

Or maybe because there are other ways to teach a child to not pee in public.  We have a generation of kids that don't follow rules because of extremists.

Quoting christina0607:

Quoting cowgirlsmommy:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mom2the.rescue
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:52 PM
1 mom liked this

yuuup.  We lived in a very safe area, a small block where everyone knew eachother & like I said, it was 5 minutes...blah blah blah bash away.

Quoting Aurora-Dove:

You left a 3 year old outside alone?

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN