Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Help with dressing, PLEASEEEE

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:24 PM
  • 7 Replies

This is my first time making cornbread dressing. I made the cornbread, I chopped the vegetables, etc. Then I threw it all into the pan and forgot to saute it. Is there any way to fix it? It's been the longest night and I made the cornbread from scratch because I didn't have any boxed stuff at home. I don't feel like dragging the kids into that mad house called a grocery store, right now.

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it will be fine.  Maybe add a bit of liquid to help soften the veggies?

0Kit0
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:28 PM

That was my first thought, but then I started wondering if I wouldn't be butchering the whole thing because I have no idea what the texture should look like. Should I see the liquid in the pan, or should it be just enough that the cornbread is saturated?

Quoting frndlyfn:

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Hmmm  On that i am not sure.   I would put perhaps a cup to 2 cups of whatever liquid you are using but do not make it a corn bread soup,  you know over saturation.

Quoting 0Kit0:

That was my first thought, but then I started wondering if I wouldn't be butchering the whole thing because I have no idea what the texture should look like. Should I see the liquid in the pan, or should it be just enough that the cornbread is saturated?

Quoting frndlyfn:

0Kit0
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:36 PM

I think I'll try that. I'm going to fry a "turducken" so I suppose, it's all the same because it'll get cooked again. At least that's what I'm hoping. Thank you!

Quoting frndlyfn:

Hmmm  On that i am not sure.   I would put perhaps a cup to 2 cups of whatever liquid you are using but do not make it a corn bread soup,  you know over saturation.

Quoting 0Kit0:

Quoting frndlyfn:

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Your welcome,  I try to help.  I need to get my pie in the oven LOL.

imuney
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:53 PM

I never saute the celery I just add a little chicken broth and some raw eggs then mix it all and bake it

0Kit0
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Thank you. That was basically what was going on in my recipe, the dressing came out just fine!

Quoting imuney:

I never saute the celery I just add a little chicken broth and some raw eggs then mix it all and bake it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN