Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

ruptured ear drum

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:33 PM
  • 9 Replies
Anyone ever have one? My sitter called me today saying my 5 year old had blood coming out of her ear. I couldn't leave work so I had her dad take her to the emergency room. They say she has a ruptured ear drum. Doesn't this hurt? She's running around playing like normal.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mother3boys1gir
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:40 PM

MY OLDEST SON HAD THAT HAPPEN WHEN HE WAS LITTLE AND HE DID CRY THAT HIS EARS HURT. HE HAD TUBES PUT IN HIS EARS. NOW HAS A VERY LITTLE HEARING LOSS DO TO THIS.

MockingJay
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:41 PM

I ahve had tha happen. The pain before it happen was out of this world, but the rupture was actually a relief. 

norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:42 PM
It's happened to me. The pain before is horrible, but after its just achy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
do11face
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:43 PM
I've had it happen several times. It doesn't always hurt, no. After it ruptures that usually releases the pain. Definitely take her to an ENT, though as soon as you can.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
scoutfamilyof7
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:43 PM

My husband has one from all the times he went to the war. He says it really doesn't hurt just annoying as hell.

norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:43 PM
I have hearing loss due to my eardrum rupturing and that ear does not pop so plane rides and deep diving is very painful.

Quoting mother3boys1gir:

MY OLDEST SON HAD THAT HAPPEN WHEN HE WAS LITTLE AND HE DID CRY THAT HIS EARS HURT. HE HAD TUBES PUT IN HIS EARS. NOW HAS A VERY LITTLE HEARING LOSS DO TO THIS.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heather406
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Ruptures relieve the pain, that is why she is content now.  Both of my kids have had ruptures...I have one who has had 3 (with tubes!), and one who has had 2 and has an appt. coming up with ENT to get them because of how easily he ruptures when he gets an infection. 

rebecca_tal4
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:54 PM
My left side ruptured about two years ago, after having the flu. Didn't know it was infected til it actually popped. It hurt like hell, I had to have someone take me to the hospital and was literally puking from the pain.

Kidney stones was the worst, then childbirth, then the ear drum rupture...
It also took about two weeks for my hearing to come back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kjsaes
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:51 PM
She's complaining about it hurting now. She's still up:( gonna be a long night and day tomorrow.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)