Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

So we are moving out of state in January, and the family decides to CANCEL Thanksgiving this year...Aunts and uncles are too busy, my siblings all have other plans, my mom is going to her bf's family, and my dad is going to a friends, and to top if off my DH is gone getting things ready at our new home, so I'm gonna be sitting here alone with my  kids eating mac n cheese and hot dogs! I'm a little bummed that my family does this on our last foreseeable Thanksgiving here :( anyways just venting and feeling sorry for myself!

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:35 PM
Replies (11-20):
mgm_5
by Mari on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:56 PM
That does suck but u could've made the best of it by making your own Thanksgiving dinner
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
thehickinhickor
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:56 PM

oh wow i am sorry we did too but for a hole other reason,can you sit up something on different weekend?

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Now you all have to watch charlie brown thanksgiving where they eat toast, popcorn etc for their holiday dinner.

Ciaodarlings
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:01 PM

*hugs* I'm sorry. :-(

pasteeater
1 mom liked this
Your family isn't that powerful. They can't cancel Thanksgiving. Since the kids wanted mac and cheese and hot dogs make a big deal of it. Have fun! You can do crafty things with them. If you have a printer you can go to crayola. com. They have great coloring pages just for thanksgiving. I know your feelings are probably hurt. Mine would be. its holidays like this kids remember. Just think in ten years they'll say remember that year we didn't have a turkey? Now do you want the next sentence to be: mom was so sad that year. Or: that was so fun! They won't care if you make it fun. Trust me. I have three grown and a fourteen yr old. They remember what you do good or bad. Its up to you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imuney

Girl I cant tell you how many times my mama cancelled Thanksgiving when we were coming up. Sorry :(

DayDreamer1201
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:05 PM

If you're in WYO you can come join us!

VanillaLatteLvr
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:07 PM
1 mom liked this
That is a bummer & I know what you mean... My husband & I are moving out-of-state this Friday, so we couldn't have our "traditional" Thanksgivng this year. On top of that, my dad went thru kidney stone procedures (past 3 wks w/ today being the last one) & our son moved out a couple months ago & hasn't been really talking to us (hopefully we will see him tomorrow, especially since his 21st birthday was Monday). Anyhoo... have fun with the kids... sometimes the moments that we may see as "bummers" turn out to be some of the better memories & blessings!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dusky_rose
by Sue on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Maybe your family will get together for Christmas instead. I'd make Thanksgiving special for the kids and forget about those kill-joys for now.

Sue ~ Head Admin
~ D.V. Survivor/Admin

Ultra_
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:48 AM

I'd still do it there for yourselves! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN