Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I'm Selfish

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 1:22 AM
  • 28 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you think it's selfish to say that you would be more thankful if your baby was here?

Options:

Yes it's a very selfish thing to say and I can't believe anyone would ever say it.

No it's not selfish. You can't tell me not every pregnant woman has said this at some point.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 70

View Results

All because I made a comment today. Someone told DD that she should be thankful for baby brother in mommie's tummy and I made the sarcastic joke of "And mommy would be even more thankful if brother was out of mommy's tummy". She looked at me funny and I said "It's been a long couple of weeks. My legs can't support my weight for more than 10 minutes anymore, I'm constantly sick. I'm just ready to hold my baby." Lady had the odasity to look at DD and tell her that she hopes DD never turns out as selfish as her mother...wth? Do you think it was a selfish statement?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 1:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Nope, not selfish, it is perfectly normal to want to be done when you're at the end. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Oceana09
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Thanks. You too.

Quoting momtoBrenna:

Nope, not selfish, it is perfectly normal to want to be done when you're at the end. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers
momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 1:28 AM

You're welcome!

Quoting Oceana09:

Thanks. You too.

Quoting momtoBrenna:

pasteeater
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:14 AM
No! Thats not selfish. No one like to hurt and be sick. That lady is wacky
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
divinedimension
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:17 AM
That lady is whack
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Paperfishies
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:19 AM
What a cunt that lady was!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Why would you even ask this question, and make a poll?  The woman who said that to you is an ass hat.

ninipanini
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:02 AM

Sounds like someone needs to mind her own business...LOL
Did you know her?  WTH?  WHo says things like that to strangers and their children? 

navewife
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:08 AM
She would of hated me....I probably was the most selfish of all.....I hated being preggers...hated the way I looked and felt all the time...and was very anxios to hold my baby....I hope you told her how rude she was...I sure would have ......people smh
kagegirl
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:33 AM
Not selfish at ask. I have two more months and I am so done. Of course I have a10 month old and I am currently sick as a dog, but even when I was pregnant with my youngest, I was so ready to be done. The last trimester is the hardest. Uncomfortable, boating, painful Blyth and all you want is to punch those cheeks!!! What a twat.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN