Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Poll

Question: Do you think it's selfish to say that you would be more thankful if your baby was here?

Options:

Yes it's a very selfish thing to say and I can't believe anyone would ever say it.

No it's not selfish. You can't tell me not every pregnant woman has said this at some point.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 70

View Results

All because I made a comment today. Someone told DD that she should be thankful for baby brother in mommie's tummy and I made the sarcastic joke of "And mommy would be even more thankful if brother was out of mommy's tummy". She looked at me funny and I said "It's been a long couple of weeks. My legs can't support my weight for more than 10 minutes anymore, I'm constantly sick. I'm just ready to hold my baby." Lady had the odasity to look at DD and tell her that she hopes DD never turns out as selfish as her mother...wth? Do you think it was a selfish statement?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 1:22 AM
Replies (11-20):
Plus-size-mommy
by StarBaby on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:44 AM

She should not have been so rude. Maybe she thought you were not as far along as you are, to her it might have seemed weird that you would want your baby to be born early because of it being premature and what not. My nephew said he wished my baby would be born on Christmas and his mom just explained to him that, no we didn't want that because the baby would be too early and might be sick.

alwayskk
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:58 AM

When I was pregnant with my second child, I had hyperemesis gravidarum. I was SO sick, I was worried about birth defects. I posted a status update about not wanting to be pregnant any more and my (then) SIL sent me the nastiest message saying how disrespectful I was towards my husband. Basically, she thought I wanted an abortion or something, I'm not sure. I told her off.

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:22 AM

LOL i have said the same thing when my children was still inmy tummy

mrsjksimmons
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:29 AM

This pregnancy is impacting your health which in turn impacts your DD. I don't think that you are selfish at all.

Oceana09
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:23 AM

She was a parent of another child at DD's pre-school. I've met her a couple of times so she knows how far along I am. She asked me a month ago when we went on a field trip to the pumpkin patch.

Quoting ninipanini:

Sounds like someone needs to mind her own business...LOL
Did you know her?  WTH?  WHo says things like that to strangers and their children? 

Oceana09
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:27 AM

A month ago we went on a field trip together to the pumpkin patch (She's the parent of another child in DD's pre-school) and she asked me how far along I was then, so she knows. It's the first negative comment I've gotten in months. I mean it's obvious that I hurt becuase my waddle looks more like a gimp. I have a bad hip and 2 bad knees so packing the extra 30 pounds is about ready to kill me. Or at least my legs.

Quoting Plus-size-mommy:

She should not have been so rude. Maybe she thought you were not as far along as you are, to her it might have seemed weird that you would want your baby to be born early because of it being premature and what not. My nephew said he wished my baby would be born on Christmas and his mom just explained to him that, no we didn't want that because the baby would be too early and might be sick.

Aurora-Dove
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:30 AM

I wouldn't say it is selfish, you are technically considered full term. I never said that when I was pregnant though in spite of the pain because I was thrilled to be carrying a baby past the first trimester so I didn't want to jinx myself I guess.

waffa
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:35 AM

what a douchebag that lady was!

StoneColdKiller
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:09 PM

did you say anything in return? I wouldnt have let that go, and I dont mean yelling put I would of put her in her place of how rude she is and how "you dont speak to my child or any child the way you just did". Then I would be going to the staff right then and telling them you dont want that woman around your child, if she is this rude to your child in front of everyone you dont trust that she will be worse if she volunteers in the class.

Quoting Oceana09:

She was a parent of another child at DD's pre-school. I've met her a couple of times so she knows how far along I am. She asked me a month ago when we went on a field trip to the pumpkin patch.

Quoting ninipanini:

Did you know her?  WTH?  WHo says things like that to strangers and their children? 

Oceana09
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:32 PM

I didn't say anything to her. With the kids and all the adults there I didn't want to cause a scene. It wasn't worth it to me. And she does volunteer in class all the time. The day they don't let her in that class is the day pigs fly. Her and her husband have donated a lot of money to that school.

Quoting StoneColdKiller:

did you say anything in return? I wouldnt have let that go, and I dont mean yelling put I would of put her in her place of how rude she is and how "you dont speak to my child or any child the way you just did". Then I would be going to the staff right then and telling them you dont want that woman around your child, if she is this rude to your child in front of everyone you dont trust that she will be worse if she volunteers in the class.

Quoting Oceana09:

Quoting ninipanini:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN