Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I know that today is a day to be thankful but it is really hard right now.

We went to a friends restaurant for a holiday meal. Dan, the kids, his mom, and my dad were with me and it was wonderful. Our friends serve all their friends and family for this day as a gift to them. I brought the homemade pies. It was magical.

Dan's mom went to the bathroom while my kids were up front singing kareoke. I was at the back of the restaurant with Dan and my dad. Then everything went nuts real quick. The owners older son ran to me and grabbed my arm lifting me out of the chair and said to hurry. The owners wife was taking the kids to a table to sit quickly. Annie was crying.

My mother-in-law was on the floor in Carlos's arms trembling and white as her hair. A waitress was calling 911. Dan followed me but ran back for moms purse. Mom is in liver failure and it gets worse each week. I am trying to donate to her but it is a long process and she is on the donor list.

We have been in the hospital for two hours now and they are getting her a room to stay the night. Her toxin levels are too high and her vital nutrients are too low. She looks like she is going to shatter. She has lost so much weight now that the bones just stick out everywhere. I hate all of this.

I just needed to vent I guess and maybe say that if you ever questioned giving an organ after death please think about it really hard. Lots of people tell me that they would but they are sick from certain diseases. It doesn't matter though. Mom has almost no liver now and is dying. If we don't transplant soon it will be too late and she will be gone. Even a sick liver is better than what she has now. She told the doctors she would take anything. She just doesn't want to die yet. I don't want to lose her.

I want today to be over. My dad took all my kids and I will go home and pass out. Then wake up and see how mom is doing and they will probably have her go home. I hate hospitals.

by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:10 PM
Replies (21-30):
DamiensMommy1
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:18 PM
so sorry :( hopefully everything gets better quick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:21 PM
I am so sorry! I hope she gets better!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Paperfishies
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:23 PM
I'm so sorry.
I'm an organ donor, I believe is is ridiculously selfish to not donate your organs. When my dad had his stroke I allowed them to keep him on life support long enough to harvest his organs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
black.eyeliner
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:24 PM

It takes so long to protect me. I have to lose enough weight to be in the American doctors view of healthy while going through testing, then do more testing, and then do the psych tests. They have to know I will live through the surgery which is worse for me than for her, that my organ will regenerate, and that I mentally can take it without killing myself from the pain or if the organ rejects. It is awful. 

Quoting AjCeCeMom:

Wow that's so sad, I'm sorry. I can't even imagine! Why is the donation a long process if she needs it so badly? That seems so backwards that you are willing to donate but it's taking so long.

connie45
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:41 PM
So sorry. My nieces boyfriend just donated a kidney to his father 2 days ago. The Boyfriend is already home and his Dad is doing well.

Sending healing thoughts
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:45 PM

(((Hugs))) I hope your mother improves and can get the help she needs soon.

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:48 PM

why would you want an diseased organ?

if this organ is already sick it could make her sicker? you know you can donate part of your liver if you are a match. all she needs is a little

Quoting black.eyeliner:

That is not true. We had to sign off on paperwork saying that she would take a diseased organ and the list of diseases that may come up in the organ. The doctors told me that she could live ten years with any of them but she will not make it another year without something ... anything. 

Quoting happymommy1105:

I'm sorry. I'm a donor.

but honestly, they won't let you donate if you are sick.....its the law not a personal choice.

black.eyeliner
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:08 PM
My original post states that I am bring screened to donate. It is 50%-70% of the liver by the way.

Quoting silverdawn99:

why would you want an diseased organ?

if this organ is already sick it could make her sicker? you know you can donate part of your liver if you are a match. all she needs is a little

Quoting black.eyeliner:

That is not true. We had to sign off on paperwork saying that she would take a diseased organ and the list of diseases that may come up in the organ. The doctors told me that she could live ten years with any of them but she will not make it another year without something ... anything. 

Quoting happymommy1105:

I'm sorry. I'm a donor.

but honestly, they won't let you donate if you are sick.....its the law not a personal choice.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rocknmom85
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Sent a prayer up for your MIL. Don't give up hope, my FIL was in the hospital from a stroke last week and he had been on dialysis for the last 3 months because of kidney failure. He is also type two diabetic. With lots of prayer and a true miracle his kidney has repaired itself and he recovered completely from the stroke in just a weeks time! I prayer your MIL has the same type of recovery.

Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:10 AM

I'm so sorry. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN