Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My ex sis in law....is pregnant...again....And she's announced the name on facebook...Adella Raye....

My daughters name is Charmony Rayne...

All I did was ask why her middle name has to be so close to Charmony's...she's like of course you're knockin the name. I'm like actually not at all (silently I am) just wondering why her middle name has to be so close to Charmony's.

by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:29 PM
Replies (41-50):
kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:40 PM
Its a middle name, similar to your child's. She can do that. Its not like she named the first name the same.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3lilmonsters88
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:41 PM
CHILL. Its not something to get your panties in a bunch over. Its really not that close.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Lawd! Pick your battles :)

Oh, and ppl are infact entitled to posting their opinion on the names in a public forum.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
waffa
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:46 PM

have you ever heard the term "imitation is the best form of flattery"?

geesh, take it as a compliment that she liked the name you picked so much she wants a similar one.

Quoting WenisEnvy:

My ex sis in law....is pregnant...again....And she's announced the name on facebook...Adella Raye....

My daughters name is Charmony Rayne...

All I did was ask why her middle name has to be so close to Charmony's...she's like of course you're knockin the name. I'm like actually not at all (silently I am) just wondering why her middle name has to be so close to Charmony's.

daughteroftruth
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:47 PM
i dont get why people get all bent out of shape of stuff like this....she didnt steal a name from you...no one owns a name. If she is useing the name after your daughter take iit as a complement.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrimsonRadiance
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:51 PM
Eh, I don't see the big deal.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SticksnStones
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:00 PM

So?  This is pretty laughable.  Did you question her on FB why the middle name was ummm, similar, I guess?  If so, I'm guessing you are the one who looks petty, not her. 

darcibeisheim
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Take it as a compliment...

A young woman, whom I went to church with when she was just a teen, recently had a baby and named him the same as my son's.... Funny part of the story, she is a relation of my neices  (from her mom's side of the family) so my niece has 2 cousins with the same name--first and middle..

girlcitycountry
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:06 PM

I don't understand why people get upset over the littlest of things. I'm sorry but it is just a name, a name you do not own. My brother has a daughter and my sister has a daughter 3 years younger who have the same middle name.  It is no big deal and don't give her a reason to start drama..

spunky946
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:12 PM

It's just a name.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)