Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Who hosted their first Thanksgiving this year?

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:37 PM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this

I did! It's crazy how much work that was just to feed 12 people. Of course, I didn't feel like it was a lot of work until it was all over and I could barely stand on my bad knee. It was lovely, though, and the food turned out AWESOME. We made some great memories this year. How was your first?

by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
AM-BRAT
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I did! Last sun!

I'm hosting my second ever, this sat lol.

I'm an over-organizer and spent the day before doing most of the work. It was great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alwayskk
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Quoting AM-BRAT:

I did! Last sun!

I'm hosting my second ever, this sat lol.

I'm an over-organizer and spent the day before doing most of the work. It was great!

I kind of did the same thing. I started prepping on Tuesday, did most of the work yesterday. Everything was already prepped and ready to go this morning, all I had to make was the pate, the glaze, and the trifle.

taKENheart
by Flovely on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:48 PM

I'm glad everything turned out beautifully for you :) Will you be doing it again in the future?

My first experience I was with my dh stationed in Germany and pregnant with my 2nd child. We only had one couple over and I left the bag of giblets/neck in the dang turkey. I didn't know until we cut the bird open. :/ It was my first turkey ever and meal to cook for other people. It was still a nice day and I'll never forget it.

Zanny
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:57 PM
1 mom liked this

My first one was in 99, when my brother moved to Chicago, and my parents went out there to be with him, so he wouldn't be all alone...

I had my cousin & his ex over... they were together then, but thankfully not now!!  

I remember calling my father in law, and asking him a million questions...  I've done it now every year, for the past 11... I love it!

alwayskk
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting taKENheart:

I'm glad everything turned out beautifully for you :) Will you be doing it again in the future?

My first experience I was with my dh stationed in Germany and pregnant with my 2nd child. We only had one couple over and I left the bag of giblets/neck in the dang turkey. I didn't know until we cut the bird open. :/ It was my first turkey ever and meal to cook for other people. It was still a nice day and I'll never forget it.

My mom is getting older and she told me yesterday that she's passing the baton. It's just too much work for her.

My dad has a childhood friend that we alternative Christmas and Thanksgiving with every year who came as well and he said they're getting too old for it also and they thanked me for inviting them. THAT made me feel good!

I'm happy to do it but I might do something simpler next year!

taKENheart
by Flovely on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting alwayskk:

Quoting taKENheart:

My mom is getting older and she told me yesterday that she's passing the baton. It's just too much work for her.

My dad has a childhood friend that we alternative Christmas and Thanksgiving with every year who came as well and he said they're getting too old for it also and they thanked me for inviting them. THAT made me feel good!

It was so sweet of you to extend an invite to him :) and to take over for your mom.  I bet you'll never forget it and your children loved seeing their mom in action cooking up a storm!  I'm sure it made for some lovely memories, kk.

You say that now but you'll get fired up again next year, lol.
:)

alwayskk
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting taKENheart:

Quoting alwayskk:

Quoting taKENheart:

It was so sweet of you to extend an invite to him :) and to take over for your mom.  I bet you'll never forget it and your children loved seeing their mom in action cooking up a storm!  I'm sure it made for some lovely memories, kk.

You say that now but you'll get fired up again next year, lol.
:)

LOL Probably! I just don't like stuffing or potatoes!

Perfect.Pixie
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:20 PM
This is the first yr in 8 yrs I haven't hosted. I must admit it felt good to kick my feet up and watch football while someone else cooked. I even took a picture of myself doing that so I can look back at it next year lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)