Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Camera advice?

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:55 PM
  • 32 Replies

I want a good camera. i want to be able to take professional looking photos of my children. any advice?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Daisypath Christmas tickers

Everyone Is A Genius But If You Judge A Fish By Its Ability To Climb A Tree It Will Spend Its Whole Life Believing It Is Stupid ~ Einstein

by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lapcounter
by Super Mom on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I use only Canon and I do take photos for people.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashley_Carlson
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm a hobbyist photographer and professionally trained. I use a Nikon D3000 DSLR.

christina0607
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:03 PM
I guess this is really subjective to what you want to spend and what kind of camera you want. If I could buy any camera I'd buy the Olympus om-d e m5. But its $1300. So I won't be buying it. Something a little less expansive might be the cannon power shot s100 or the Olympus tough. Both under $400.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rlk121909
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:05 PM

ok ill check those out. definitely dont want to spend alot just give hubby some ideas for valentines day or my birthday :) im just sick of only taking pics of my dds with my phone. i want better looking ones

Quoting christina0607:

I guess this is really subjective to what you want to spend and what kind of camera you want. If I could buy any camera I'd buy the Olympus om-d e m5. But its $1300. So I won't be buying it. Something a little less expansive might be the cannon power shot s100 or the Olympus tough. Both under $400.

Everyone Is A Genius But If You Judge A Fish By Its Ability To Climb A Tree It Will Spend Its Whole Life Believing It Is Stupid ~ Einstein

rlk121909
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Quoting lapcounter:

I use only Canon and I do take photos for people.

which model? how much did it cost?

rlk121909
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Quoting Ashley_Carlson:

I'm a hobbyist photographer and professionally trained. I use a Nikon D3000 DSLR.

just looked that up what does it mean you can edit photos on the camera? like just a quick crop or what?

Ashley_Carlson
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:10 PM

You can quick crop, and change various settings to make your photos look different. I never use those, though.

Quoting rlk121909:

Quoting Ashley_Carlson:

just looked that up what does it mean you can edit photos on the camera? like just a quick crop or what?

rlk121909
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:15 PM

what are the other ones? sorry trying to do my research :)

Quoting Ashley_Carlson:

You can quick crop, and change various settings to make your photos look different. I never use those, though.

Quoting rlk121909:

Quoting Ashley_Carlson:

Ashley_Carlson
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:17 PM

There's LOTS of different combos to do whatever. Here's a user manual 

Manual

Quoting rlk121909:

Quoting Ashley_Carlson:

Quoting rlk121909:

Quoting Ashley_Carlson:

rlk121909
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:25 PM

I think im in love with that camera lol

Quoting Ashley_Carlson:

There's LOTS of different combos to do whatever. Here's a user manual 

Manual

Quoting rlk121909:

Quoting Ashley_Carlson:

Quoting rlk121909:

Quoting Ashley_Carlson:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)