Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Asthma

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:33 AM
  • 7 Replies

I had asthma as a child. I am 28 and have not had an attack since I was 4 or 5. Do you think people outgrow it? Do you think it may be dormant for an extended amount of time and could flare up at anytime? I've always wondered this.

What are your thoughts?

by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
CrystalPystol
by Ms. Hotwheels on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:34 AM

BUMP!

CrystalPystol
by Ms. Hotwheels on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:38 AM

BUMP!

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:20 AM

I have known people to grow out of it and never have an attack again.  I have also known people to be "cured"but then when a bad respiratory illness hit, the asthma comes back as well.

Meadowchik
by Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:21 AM

Quoting frndlyfn:

I have known people to grow out of it and never have an attack again.  I have also known people to be "cured"but then when a bad respiratory illness hit, the asthma comes back as well.

Same here.

GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:25 AM

Yes you can outgrow it. When my dd1 was diagnosed with asthma they told me that most people who are diagnosed when they're little (she was 3 at the time) outgrow it by around age 10 or 11 at the latest. Not all but many.

darbyakeep45
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:13 AM

Good to know mama!

Quoting GodsAmiga:

Yes you can outgrow it. When my dd1 was diagnosed with asthma they told me that most people who are diagnosed when they're little (she was 3 at the time) outgrow it by around age 10 or 11 at the latest. Not all but many.

emmy526
by Emmy on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:14 AM

my son outgrew his....he had it from infancy to age 10...he's now 16 and has NO signs of it at all. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)