Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I freaked my sister out at Thanksgiving dinner

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 8:54 AM
  • 47 Replies
My sister is 20. She and I are very close. After we ate dinner, we were all sitting around the table talking to grandma and the baby started kicking. I grabbed my sister's hand and put it on my belly so she could feel it. She immediately started shaking, her eyes got watery and looked like they were about to pop out. She said "if it kicks I'm going to freak out". I took her hand away from my belly and kinda laughed because I've never known anyone who thought that a baby kicking in the womb was freaky and, in her words, disgusting. Lol

After that, my cousins and I, my mom and grandma were all talking about our births and my sister was soo freaked out by it all. She has always said that she's never having kids, she hates kids, pregnancy is disgusting, etc. I think last night's stories only made her decision all the more solid. Haha

Do you know any women who are like that??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 8:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
circle_of_life
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this

My 15 year old dd is like that. She insists she will never ever have kids, lol! She's also convinced that if she ever does get pregnant, that giving birth will kill her. I have no idea why!

kayandjsmom
by Alecia on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:08 AM
No, not like that.

But dd(7) says she will never have children. She doesn't want them. I know that can change since she is still very young.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wildlilacs
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:26 AM
One of my dd was like that. Couldnt tolerate snotty nose, bratty, whinny ankle biter, rug rats. NO WAY was she gonna get pregnant and have some alian creature living inside her.
She is now the proud mama of a nearly 2 yr old boy
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sherry132
by Sherry on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:31 AM
2 moms liked this

My daughter, who wants to be a pediatrician, finds giving birth her biggest nightmare. She's 18 and has sworn off sex for life because no good can come from it. LOL

jenaree
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:32 AM

When I was pregnant I had my pregnant friend (she was about a trimester behind me) feel the baby kick in my belly and she told me it was disgusting and it freaked her out. I couldn't believe she thought it was gross considering she was pregnant too!!

AmberMerrell
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:36 AM
My sister-in-law is. When I was in the hospital to be induced with dd my bestfried spent the time with us & swore up & down she was not having kids. 3 yrs later she's ttc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dabrutiful1
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:39 AM
I've had 2 children and still think a baby movin is gross! My oldest didn't move much, she probably didn't have much room. My youngest had me feelin like Sygorne(sp) in Alien...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grey7399
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:40 PM

I didn't find pregnancy magical or anything.

It was creepy as hell.  Third pregnancy - same as the first.  Creepy.    I sucked it up for the happy end result, but I hated being pregnant.

darbyakeep45
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:48 PM

I've never met anyone like that to be honest...

Firsttimemom296
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 8:02 PM
I was that person I was not thrilled to go through the whole pregnancy thing and after I had my dd I got fixed to make sure I don't have more she is my angel and I love her to death but one kid is plenty for me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)