Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I freaked my sister out at Thanksgiving dinner

Posted by   + Show Post
My sister is 20. She and I are very close. After we ate dinner, we were all sitting around the table talking to grandma and the baby started kicking. I grabbed my sister's hand and put it on my belly so she could feel it. She immediately started shaking, her eyes got watery and looked like they were about to pop out. She said "if it kicks I'm going to freak out". I took her hand away from my belly and kinda laughed because I've never known anyone who thought that a baby kicking in the womb was freaky and, in her words, disgusting. Lol

After that, my cousins and I, my mom and grandma were all talking about our births and my sister was soo freaked out by it all. She has always said that she's never having kids, she hates kids, pregnancy is disgusting, etc. I think last night's stories only made her decision all the more solid. Haha

Do you know any women who are like that??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 8:54 AM
Replies (11-20):
TableforSeven
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:41 AM

I have 5 kids that I have carried....I haveNO DESIRE to put my hand on another pregnant woman's belly and feel her baby kick.  I loved feeling my own babies kicking but never wanted to feel anyone else's.  I also never let anyone but DH and our older kids put their hands on my belly while pregnant.

davnrori
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:49 AM

My sister, who is 31yrs old, doesn't have kids and doesn't want any. She thinks pregnancy is disgusting and will leave the house if birth stories start being told. She just flat-out doesn't like kids. She's a DVM and has said many times that she would save a drowning dog before she saved a drowning child. I don't take it personally. Some people just aren't 'kid people'.

frankiesma530
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:51 AM
I think it is a bit weird but not disgusting. I don't know anyone that thinks it's disgusting.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 12:14 PM
I was like that. Not knowing what to expect can be scary. After I had my first, I couldn't believe how much fear I had put in myself! I had no fears the next time around.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mitikusmom
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 2:21 PM

I have to say that while my infertility diagnosis was devestating, I was happy not to have to give birth.  Pregnancy was a means to an end for me, not some kind experience that I would be missing out on.  I left the doctor's office & happily called the adoption agency.  

Mazie0723
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I haven't met anyone like that. I love the feeling of babies movement. 

Carson Lenox

pregnancy week by week

sucker4myloves
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 2:31 PM
2 moms liked this

I guess I can't wrap my head around that because I love pregnancy, I loved being pregnant, and I love feeling people's babies move in the womb. One of my best friends just had a baby a few days ago, and when she was about a month to her due date, I would put my hands on her belly and talk to the baby to get her to move. I'd sing, I'd play games to get her to kick my hand, I pull out all the stops to feel babies move!

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

sucker4myloves
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm so happy to hear that. Not that you're infertile, but that you were happy to adopt instead. Many couples are so devestated they see adoption as the ugly cousin nobody likes; it's refreshing that you preferred it that way. I love happy endings :)

Quoting mitikusmom:

I have to say that while my infertility diagnosis was devestating, I was happy not to have to give birth.  Pregnancy was a means to an end for me, not some kind experience that I would be missing out on.  I left the doctor's office & happily called the adoption agency.  

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

.Nobody.
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I have no desire to touch a pregnant woman's huge stomach to feel a baby move. I haven't felt a baby kick since I had my own dd 7 years ago.... I'd rather just take your word for it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StoneColdKiller
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:12 PM
I was totally like that
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)