Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I freaked my sister out at Thanksgiving dinner

Posted by   + Show Post
My sister is 20. She and I are very close. After we ate dinner, we were all sitting around the table talking to grandma and the baby started kicking. I grabbed my sister's hand and put it on my belly so she could feel it. She immediately started shaking, her eyes got watery and looked like they were about to pop out. She said "if it kicks I'm going to freak out". I took her hand away from my belly and kinda laughed because I've never known anyone who thought that a baby kicking in the womb was freaky and, in her words, disgusting. Lol

After that, my cousins and I, my mom and grandma were all talking about our births and my sister was soo freaked out by it all. She has always said that she's never having kids, she hates kids, pregnancy is disgusting, etc. I think last night's stories only made her decision all the more solid. Haha

Do you know any women who are like that??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 8:54 AM
Replies (31-40):
KellBell0820
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 5:56 PM
My 24 year old sister thinks pregnancy is weird and up until recently said she'd never have kids. Now she says she might have one someday.

I also pretty much hate pregnancy. With my daughter it was horrible, to the point that for 2 1/2 years after her birth I said that I never wanted another. I got pregnant again but miscarried, so I may have one more someday ...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kolbiesmommy
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Haha lol maybe my words weren't the right choice....more like talking quietly in a group of loud mouths and standing to the side of everyone else.

But thanks for your honest opinion. Lol.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Um, yes that's weird...never heard that before...I'm definitely not whispering nor hiding in a corner.  I just don't choose to have a bright loud font as that's just not me:)  

To be truthful, I see those with bright fonts and I see them seeking attention for themselves.  

Quoting kolbiesmommy:

When I see people whose font is tiny and black like this I picture them hiding in a corner whispering...is that weird? Lol

Anyways, never met anyone like that op.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

I've never met anyone like that to be honest...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GaleJ
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 6:21 PM

I find the exchange about fonts to be interesting. I've never thought anything about the poster based on the choice of fonts or colors. I just thought that the choice was based on their sight or personal expression OR possibly both. I use this size font because of my sight. The font I find to be a better expression of me than any of the others, it seems more, well...I guess the work I would use is...personal. The color changes depending on mood, season, how I feel, the subject about which I am writing, etc. It really isn't about others it's about me.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Um, yes that's weird...never heard that before...I'm definitely not whispering nor hiding in a corner.  I just don't choose to have a bright loud font as that's just not me:)  

To be truthful, I see those with bright fonts and I see them seeking attention for themselves.  

Quoting kolbiesmommy:

When I see people whose font is tiny and black like this I picture them hiding in a corner whispering...is that weird? Lol

Quoting darbyakeep45:

darbyakeep45
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:02 PM

I never even gave it a thought until you mentioned it below...just never crossed my mind!  I'm a plain jane kind of girl:)

Quoting kolbiesmommy:

Haha lol maybe my words weren't the right choice....more like talking quietly in a group of loud mouths and standing to the side of everyone else.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting kolbiesmommy:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

darbyakeep45
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:04 PM

I don't put much thought into my font or color...doesn't really matter to me, and I'm just a plain jane kind of girl too:)  It never crossed my mind until the mom below quoted me and said something...

By the way, I do LOVE your orange font.  It's my son's favorite color, and he's special needs:)

Quoting GaleJ:

I find the exchange about fonts to be interesting. I've never thought anything about the poster based on the choice of fonts or colors. I just thought that the choice was based on their sight or personal expression OR possibly both. I use this size font because of my sight. The font I find to be a better expression of me than any of the others, it seems more, well...I guess the work I would use is...personal. The color changes depending on mood, season, how I feel, the subject about which I am writing, etc. It really isn't about others it's about me.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting kolbiesmommy:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

DragonX
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:35 PM

I was like that before I got pregnant. And although I loved feeling my own baby kick, I would never want to put my hand on another preggo's giant belly to feel her fetus moving around :P

kolbiesmommy
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:56 PM
I hear ya. I'm a plain Jane irl. For some reason I guess I just associate font with who they would be if we were all in a room together. I am always mobile so I don't see avatars so I cant put a face with a screen name so there font becomes them for me. Sorta like yours for example I took your font as someone harmless and not judgmental like most people (I say people instead of women BC lets face it...there have got to be men who pose as women on here i.e. trolls) on here. Sorry if I offended you in any way was just sharing a funny association for me.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

I never even gave it a thought until you mentioned it below...just never crossed my mind!  I'm a plain jane kind of girl:)

Quoting kolbiesmommy:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting kolbiesmommy:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:11 AM

It's so hard to read people over the internet...thanks for clarifying for me:)  I'm not offended, I promise:)

Quoting kolbiesmommy:

I hear ya. I'm a plain Jane irl. For some reason I guess I just associate font with who they would be if we were all in a room together. I am always mobile so I don't see avatars so I cant put a face with a screen name so there font becomes them for me. Sorta like yours for example I took your font as someone harmless and not judgmental like most people (I say people instead of women BC lets face it...there have got to be men who pose as women on here i.e. trolls) on here. Sorry if I offended you in any way was just sharing a funny association for me.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting kolbiesmommy:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting kolbiesmommy:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

meghs822
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:19 AM
My husband is creeped out by baby moving. He never wanted to feel
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cassidysmom611
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:22 AM

LOL that is funny, my 7 year old says the same thing!!

Quoting kayandjsmom:

No, not like that.

But dd(7) says she will never have children. She doesn't want them. I know that can change since she is still very young.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)