Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Any of your kids has had the H Pylori bacteria?

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:35 AM
  • 12 Replies
ok mom has had that bacteria for years and now she is scaring me telling me dd might have it. She ate a ton of candies 2 weeks ago and since then her stomach hasn't been the same. Her poop is loose and it stinks up a storm. Then today she woke up vomiting. If any of your kids has had it how did they feel? what were the symptoms? thanks
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kaylasmom22
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:43 AM
bump
Allinorder
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 6:41 PM
I don't know about Hpylori but when i have had patients with Cdiff there poop has a dictinct smell to it. The smell is horrid. After my mom had cancer her immune system was bad and her poop had that distinct smell and she didn't have anything. If your daughter isn't eating or having constant diahrea then I'd worry.
sweetmissy_05
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 6:41 PM

No they haven't ever had it.

darbyakeep45
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Never heard of it mama...hugs and good luck!

scoutfamilyof7
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:36 PM

I have it :( My main symptom is heartburn, burping, tarring poop and bloating. I am on prilosec and two antibiotics one of which makes me sick and feel like I am sucking on pennies.

kaylasmom22
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:54 PM
She eats everything in site lol. and no Diarrhea just loose stool.

Quoting Allinorder:

I don't know about Hpylori but when i have had patients with Cdiff there poop has a dictinct smell to it. The smell is horrid. After my mom had cancer her immune system was bad and her poop had that distinct smell and she didn't have anything. If your daughter isn't eating or having constant diahrea then I'd worry.
TerrorMom
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:58 PM

My ds really had no symptoms. It was found doing an endoscope when his gall bladder was bad. H pylori can lead to ulcers. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/h-pylori/DS00958 Usually they test when there are ulcers. I was told that it is usually found in nursing home settings. 

snowbear74
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 12:04 AM

I had it and it can be treated but it can come back. for me eating helped to ease the pain it caused which for me was not good to do weight wise.I just had pain and heartburn. I was tested for it and they said I had h.pylori(its a bacteria). I also had the loose stool.I developed ulcers from it as well so now I am on a medicine for acid reflux to prevent the ulcers from getting worse. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/h-pylori/DS00958

bakerang
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 12:02 PM
Ive got it. I cut out soda candies cheeses that workee for me. Lots of water of course. Thenb I was able to not take the priolsec
xoxoDanicaxoxo
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 12:03 PM
I have it and got an ulcer from it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN