Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Help ugh

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:14 PM
  • 18 Replies

Any suggestions on opening a stubborn car door lock?! I can NOT get the stupid thing to open and the remotes don't work for it anymore...  so we have to open it with the key and its really tricky :/ It used to be easier where I knew exactly how to do it but now I can't and DH won't bring home the other car unless I get this one unlocked and I need to go to the store tonight.... And, no, I can't call anyone to have them come out and do it,

by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmencl3210
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:20 PM

BUMP!

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Break the window?  put the key in crooked?

AlekD
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:23 PM
2 moms liked this
Maybe try putting some wd-40 in the lock?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kmencl3210
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:30 PM

I don't want to break the window... Def can't afford to replace it lol. Plus we're selling it soon... How would you put it in crooked? 

Quoting frndlyfn:

kmencl3210
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:31 PM

I dont think we have any :/ It won't turn at all unless you have it at the *perfect* angle and I can't seem to get it... I thought the key worked in the trunk and was gonna unlock that and have DS4 crawl through to pull up the lock but it wont fit in the trunk which is weird cause we dont have another key lol 

Quoting AlekD:

Maybe try putting some wd-40 in the lock?

kmencl3210
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:34 PM

BUMP!

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Instead of straight in, put it in at an angle to the right.

Quoting kmencl3210:

I don't want to break the window... Def can't afford to replace it lol. Plus we're selling it soon... How would you put it in crooked? 

Quoting frndlyfn:

kats0711
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:40 PM

IDK, jiggle it? Lol. Honestly it sounds like it needed some WD 40 a long time ago when it first started sticking and may have bigger issues now.

kmencl3210
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:44 PM

It doesn't move >.< we never really used the lock (I think we used it 4-5 times, if that) we had remotes but one stopped working all together and the other the battery just died in a few days ago and DH insists on locking it because he leaves a bunch of work crap laying around in there... As of right now it looks like we won't be having breakfast tomorrow..

Quoting kats0711:

IDK, jiggle it? Lol. Honestly it sounds like it needed some WD 40 a long time ago when it first started sticking and may have bigger issues now.

kmencl3210
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:45 PM

That makes sense... I was thinking something totally different in my head so was confused... I'm going back out in a few minutes to try again cause I really need to go to the store and he wont come home unless its unlocked

Quoting frndlyfn:

Instead of straight in, put it in at an angle to the right.

Quoting kmencl3210:

Quoting frndlyfn:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)