Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I dont get it

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 10:55 PM
  • 15 Replies

what is up with the upside dowwn christmas tree trend? whats the point of it? 

by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 10:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
_WC_Mama
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I have no idea,I have not seen a upsidown Tree

bubbbaNbabygirl
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Quoting _WC_Mama:

I have no idea,I have not seen a upsidown Tree

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
r_luvli
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:16 PM
Huh?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Country_Momma89
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Pics? I've never seen or heard of it.

DragonX
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:18 PM
Because rightside up trees are too mainstream. #hipster
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sucker4myloves
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:20 PM

No idea what you're talking about.

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

dusky_rose
by Sue on Nov. 24, 2012 at 1:35 AM

I never heard of that before so I googled and Target has them, how weird!

Sue ~ Head Admin
~ D.V. Survivor/Admin

armywifey26
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 1:42 AM

I have never seen one 

firefly679
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:16 AM

It's not a new thing really, it goes back to the middle ages when Christmas trees were hung upside down by Christians to represent the Holy Trinity, and to signify to pagans that the tree was not a floral decoration but a symbol of Christianity.  The tradition was eventually replaced by the upright tree so the tree and the star could point toward Heaven.  Nowadays it has caught on again because it is different and edgy.  It started with retail stores, who did it because then they could place more ornaments (merchandise) at eye level.  And some people with small kids or pets do it because they can put more ornaments out of reach of little ones and animals.  But basically it's a trendy thing.  As for me, I like tradition and my tree will remain upright with a star on top!

kenleespice
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Quoting firefly679:

It's not a new thing really, it goes back to the middle ages when Christmas trees were hung upside down by Christians to represent the Holy Trinity, and to signify to pagans that the tree was not a floral decoration but a symbol of Christianity.  The tradition was eventually replaced by the upright tree so the tree and the star could point toward Heaven.  Nowadays it has caught on again because it is different and edgy.  It started with retail stores, who did it because then they could place more ornaments (merchandise) at eye level.  And some people with small kids or pets do it because they can put more ornaments out of reach of little ones and animals.  But basically it's a trendy thing.  As for me, I like tradition and my tree will remain upright with a star on top!

my cousin on fb posted this info today.she has one but she says she doing it cause she saw one in a store and liked it.I also have another cousin that did it but her and her bf are emo whatever that is and he told her he dont do christmas and that is the only way he let her have one.I put mine up but I went the boring way lol how its supose to go 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN