Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

School bus rules

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:51 AM
  • 11 Replies

Hey ladies as you all know I am going to start as a bus driver on monday and I'm actully excited to meet and get to know my kids a bit more than I do now.

So my question is what kind of rules and regulations would you like to see to see safty on a school bus? heres what we have so far.

State Rules:

(1) Elementary kids sit in the first 5 rows

(2) Remain seated and faced forward

(3) Keep food and drinks in backpack

(4) Talk Quietly use appropriate language

(5) Keep head.arms,feet,and objects inside the bus

Here are my extra rules:

(1) Keep hands and feet to yourself

(2) No Littering on the bus (means dont throw trash ETC. on the bus)

(3) No obnoxious noises such as arm farts, any weird noises.

(4) Of course don't get on my nerves

I am planning on getting to know the parents as much as possible on my route.  

Is there anything else you would like to see for safety on the bus your child rides?.  I would like to get all my rules on my bus ready for Monday cause that's when they will be put into place. 

It will be one warning and I will take them to the office and here is what they will get

!st offence warning

2nd 1day off the bus

3rd 3 days off the bus

4th 5 days off the bus

5th student is suspended for 10 days and parent has to show up to the central office

6th permanent suspension

I really don't wanna see some kids not go to school so I don't think it will get to far :)

Thank you ladies and be honest

I am a mom of 2. I believe in loving how you choose to live. As long as your not hurting anyone who cares?.My kids are my life you mess with them YOU MESS WITH ME!!!!. My husband loves me with all his heart! 10 years and still counting. We knew each other 2 weeks before we got married!.  I love my life the way it is a few tweaks it will be all right!!!.  Gess who its Felicity

in love     blowing bubblesice creamteacher

by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma-flynn
by ♥Gee Willickers♥ on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:18 AM
Does your transportation department handle discipline? Ours is all handled at the campus level & not consistant.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:22 AM

The "don't get on my nerves" rule is silly. You can't put such a broad rule out there for children. You can't punish anyone on a rule that doesn't have any specific parameters.

For my kids bus drivers my favorites are always the ones that understand they are kids and kids will talk and laugh and have a good time. 

2_kiddos
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:27 AM

the school handles the disapline

Quoting momma-flynn:

Does your transportation department handle discipline? Ours is all handled at the campus level & not consistant.

I am a mom of 2. I believe in loving how you choose to live. As long as your not hurting anyone who cares?.My kids are my life you mess with them YOU MESS WITH ME!!!!. My husband loves me with all his heart! 10 years and still counting. We knew each other 2 weeks before we got married!.  I love my life the way it is a few tweaks it will be all right!!!.  Gess who its Felicity

2_kiddos
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:30 AM

I do understnd kids will be kids also but when it does get out of hand such as standing on the seats not faceing the frount if I have to tell the time and time again yes it is getting on my nerves and will be turned in to the office.  I don't eel like telling them over and over and over is going to get anywhere

Quoting christina0607:

The "don't get on my nerves" rule is silly. You can't put such a broad rule out there for children. You can't punish anyone on a rule that doesn't have any specific parameters.

For my kids bus drivers my favorites are always the ones that understand they are kids and kids will talk and laugh and have a good time. 

momma-flynn
by ♥Gee Willickers♥ on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:30 AM
Is it normal that you can create your own set of rules? Ours are the same on every bus & not up to the individual drivers. Not trying to say that they are bad, just questioning if they will be enforced at the campus level.

Quoting 2_kiddos:

Quoting momma-flynn:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
silverdawn99
by Jamie on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:33 AM

i like them all except for number 1

they already have a seat they like so you are just going to piss them off if you make them move

TheMrs407
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:34 AM

I think most those are great, but aren't there already some in place with the company or school?  Contact the school and company, see what they teach their kids.  These kids have been riding for a while, if you can provide a smooth transition it will be easier for you and the kids.

Change the "don't get on my nerves" to "Keep your bus driver happy."...same thing and you don't sound like a jerk.

Bless you and good luck!  Bus drivers have my utmost respect.

christina0607
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Sp make those rules....no standing on the seat, no turning around in the seat. those are fine rules. don't annoy me, isn't a rule.

Quoting 2_kiddos:

I do understnd kids will be kids also but when it does get out of hand such as standing on the seats not faceing the frount if I have to tell the time and time again yes it is getting on my nerves and will be turned in to the office.  I don't eel like telling them over and over and over is going to get anywhere

Quoting christina0607:

Make someone happy today, mind your own business.

2_kiddos
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:00 AM

The first set of rules are "schools rules" that are set by the county so cannot change thoes the second set of rules are my rules yes a bus driver can set there own rules its there bus :)

2_kiddos
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Most of them will be such as hands and feet to yourself.

Quoting momma-flynn:

Is it normal that you can create your own set of rules? Ours are the same on every bus & not up to the individual drivers. Not trying to say that they are bad, just questioning if they will be enforced at the campus level.

Quoting 2_kiddos:

Quoting momma-flynn:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN