Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Hardwood floors i cant stand them.

Posted by   + Show Post
Although they are soooo nice I'm so tired of our hardwood floors. My home is always cold, these floors get dirty to fast I'm so done. The next home we buy i will be having carpet thr out my whole home.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 2:25 PM
Replies (21-30):
do11face
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 2:59 PM

I'm the opposite.

I loathe carpet.
I had large area rugs when we had all hardwoods.

I want our next house to not have any carpet.

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Nov. 24, 2012 at 2:59 PM
Talking about allergies. My son has asthma and ive notice since we gotten our floors that he hasn't has a problem with his asthma at all.

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

get a Mint floor cleaner ( and be prepared, people will call you lazy...but you won't care!). Hardwood is better for allergies etc. I love the hardwood we put in because my kid can spill anything on it and we just wipe it up. The carpet meant serious scrub time.

mich.el.le
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Uh, carpet gets dirty just as fast, you just can't see it. I'd rather have hardwood floors and be able to see when I need to sweep than have carpet that harbors dirt and germs no matter how much you vacuum.

The woman in the avi pic is not me, she is my inspiration.  I am a wife, a mother, and an aspiring trainer and nutritionist. I love seeing people get fit and healthy to lead the lives they are meant to live.

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I have rugs. I love this large one in the living room & in our dinning room i think i will get one long one for the hallway.

Quoting do11face:

I'm the opposite.

I loathe carpet.

do11face
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:02 PM

I live in Texas so cold isn't really an issue for us but I can see how it would be if you live somewhere with harsher weather.

Quoting godsgirl26:

I have rugs. I love this large one in the living room & in our dinning room i think i will get one long one for the hallway.

Quoting do11face:

I'm the opposite.

I loathe carpet.

TableforSeven
by Judy on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:03 PM

I loved the tile floor in our last house which was in the kitchen, hallway, bathrooms and basement.  The majority of the house was carpet....and we had a throw rug covering most of the basement.

The house we are renting now has entirely tile floors.  We only brought a few small throw rugs....to put next to the beds....but most of the floor is bare - and cold.  I wear socks, shoes and slippers all the time.  Oh - and everything is dusty/dirty here as well.  But at least the floor is easy to sweep and sweetie-mop to get them clean.

periwinkle163
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:08 PM

I'm just the opposite, I can't stand carpet.

redneckmama2
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:10 PM

I hate hard floors of any type! The linoleum crap that is throughout most of our downstairs is the same shit at the local grocery store!!!! it is DISGUSTING! I can't wait to move out of the post housing here. I hope it is better at our next duty station

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:12 PM
We use to live in Texas (weatherford) texas and i loved it. The house we had out there the carpet was really nice we had the padding under the carpet which costs extra but it was comfortable walking on so we didn't mind having carper at all.
We are in Cali now and its cold these days :(

Quoting do11face:

I live in Texas so cold isn't really an issue for us but I can see how it would be if you live somewhere with harsher weather.

Quoting godsgirl26:

Quoting do11face:

I'm the opposite.

I loathe carpet.

CrystalPystol
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:14 PM
I don't like carpet because its hard for me to roll on and my wheels track dirt in so it's hard to keep it clean. Would be nice if I could take my wheels off at the door like people do their shoes. Lol!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)