Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Hardwood floors i cant stand them.

Posted by   + Show Post
Although they are soooo nice I'm so tired of our hardwood floors. My home is always cold, these floors get dirty to fast I'm so done. The next home we buy i will be having carpet thr out my whole home.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 2:25 PM
Replies (41-50):
godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:37 PM
I wish it snowed where im at BOOoooOO. I heart the snow :) we were thinking of moving to this little city in sonora it snows a lot there.

Quoting christina0607:

It snows in California. They have a real winter in northern Cali, just like the East Coast. Big Bear is probably one of the most popular ski areas in the country.

Quoting do11face:

It's cold in california? haha!
You will never convince me to love carpet, lol.

I think it's gross. I cant help it. I will be so happy when we move and get rid of it all.

ATG499
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:40 PM
When we lived in the house before moving to this one, the downstairs flooring was carpet that got replaced by hardwood flooring. It tooksome ggetting used to, but we put a big area rug down and it worked out just fine. When my boyfriend and I build our dream home, any flooring we have will be heated!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2_two
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:53 PM

We have carpet on the stairs, in the bedroom,hallway, and pool room. Every thing else is tile or hardwood. I don't like the carpet because if there is a spill or pet "accident" I have to shampoo it.

Allebas
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:56 PM

We have laminate and we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!!!! My son had a stomach virus a few months after we got our new laminate, and didn't quite make it to the bathroom!!! I was SO MUCH HAPPIER cleaning the laminate than having to try to clean carpet!! YUCK!! We have area rugs down and wear socks or slippers to keep our feet warm!

Quoting kaygarcia97:

We have hardwood and I love it

hypnautica
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:57 PM
We just had a home built and have hardwood everywhere down stairs except the living room and office and the color we have doesn't show dirt at all. I love them in the areas we have them but wouldn't if it were in the bedrooms or living room.
Carmel63
by Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 6:20 PM

We renovated our house, and put in hardwood throughout, except the bathrooms.  We have area rugs, and the floors on the first floor are heated.  I will never get wall to wall carpet again.  It is just gross, I don't care how often you vacuum.

MrsApple
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 6:29 PM

We just put hardwoods throughout our house and love it!Sure it's a little more work to keep it cleaned but I'd rather clean the hardwoods more often than to have dirt and dog hair "hide" in the carpet.Yuck! 

Rlmama00
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:16 PM

I need to have the right combo of wood/tile/carpet. We've moved a few times over the last 10 years and one of our houses had hard wood in the living and dining rooms, kids' bedrooms and hallway. Our room and family room were carpet and kitchen and baths were tile. This worked pretty well. Our last house was hard wood in the kitchen and half bath and I hated that. The kitchen floor always looked dirty, even when it was freshly cleaned. Our new place is all travertine tile on the first floor and it takes forever to clean because I have to sweep before mopping and it's a lot of space to clean. Plus, it gets dirty looking very quickly so it's driving me crazy.

SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:20 PM

i would rather see the dirt, so I know they are clean when I vacuum and mop.....carpets are freaking gross. I have radiant heat in my floors so they are nice and toasty warm.

mgm_5
by Mari on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:21 PM
that's exactly how I feel we now live in a home with nothing but pergo flooring and I can't believe how dirty it gets i clean it daily, I can't believe how dirty our carpets probably were not cleaning them daily, it disgusts me, i like my pergo flooring even if they are high maintenance, I'd rather know it's clean then walk around in filth i can't see

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Those floors dont get any dirtier than carpet, only in carpet you can't see it because it creeps down into it.

that's gross.

get some nice area rugs, its fine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)