Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Hardwood floors i cant stand them.

Posted by   + Show Post
Although they are soooo nice I'm so tired of our hardwood floors. My home is always cold, these floors get dirty to fast I'm so done. The next home we buy i will be having carpet thr out my whole home.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 2:25 PM
Replies (51-60):
darbyakeep45
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Yep!  You're SO right...this is why we have hardwood floor...I clean it WAY more often than I did the carpet...seeing the dirt is gross!

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Those floors dont get any dirtier than carpet, only in carpet you can't see it because it creeps down into it.

that's gross.

get some nice area rugs, its fine.

DragonX
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I hate hardwood floors too. Ours have these gaps between the boards where everything accumulates, and I have no clue how to clean it out unless I want to dig out every inch with a toothpick or something. Plus it's cold and slippery. I have to look for toddler socks that have grips on the bottoms, because any normal socks she just can't wear, so we've gotten many gifted/hand-me-down socks that have never been worn. It's also a hard surface for her to fall on, which of course she does all the time, cracks her head, screams, and has a big bruise/bump for a week.

My next house will have carpet! I'd rather vacuum every day and shampoo occasionally than have to sweep and mop constantly.

mgm_5
by Mari on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:31 PM
Where u at, I'm in Modesto, close to sonora

Quoting godsgirl26:

I wish it snowed where im at BOOoooOO. I heart the snow :) we were thinking of moving to this little city in sonora it snows a lot there.

Quoting christina0607:

It snows in California. They have a real winter in northern Cali, just like the East Coast. Big Bear is probably one of the most popular ski areas in the country.

Quoting do11face:

It's cold in california? haha!
You will never convince me to love carpet, lol.

I think it's gross. I cant help it. I will be so happy when we move and get rid of it all.

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting mgm_5:

Hey now girl. I'm in merced lol. I was out in modesto last week with my niece.

cLanief
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:21 PM
I'd kill for hardwood. Who ever the Fuck thought it smart to put carpet in a dining room or high traffic areas that allow kids are fucking stupid!!!!!!!!
sherry132
by Sherry on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Nope, not gonna do it ever again. With carpet, the allergies are a million times worse and when my friend got bed bugs from a kid who spent the night, she had to pull out all the carpet in her house. Nope, not for me. 

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:27 PM
Bed bugs. Yuck, yuck & yuck.

Quoting sherry132:

Nope, not gonna do it ever again. With carpet, the allergies are a million times worse and when my friend got bed bugs from a kid who spent the night, she had to pull out all the carpet in her house. Nope, not for me. 

DixieMommy1987
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:49 PM

I agree I thought hardwood floors would be better with kids but they are kinda aggravating...

Allisonc7910
by Allison on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:54 PM

I prefer hardwoods in all rooms but bedrooms.  My dd has allergies, carpet in the bedroom attracts dust and dander.  So really its cleaner to have hardwoods or tile.  I get the swiffer drys and that picks up everything on my tile floors, leaves it really clean.

LntLckrsCmQut
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Carpets get a lot dirtier than hardwood and tile. I will never have carpet again. Gross.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)