Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

PSA don't be a tool

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 4:00 PM
  • 10 Replies

If you are visiting family out of town and your kid gets sick, go home. If you don't go home, at least call and warn family members who are coming to join the festivities so that they can make an informed decision about exposing their kids.

That is all.

by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 4:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Teacher101
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 4:04 PM

BUMP!

Teacher101
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 4:12 PM

BUMP!

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 4:32 PM

no  way, we are going to expose everyone to whatever we have

yayay15
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 4:35 PM
My daughter was sick on thanksgiving. I called my family to see and they all told me to come. Eventually she started breathing funky. Took her to urgent care and she had a 104.9 fever, pneumonia and croup. I knew she had croup because I had Taken her the day before and they wouldn't do anything for it. Ugh. I am really hoping my mom doesn't get sick though. But, yes I do agree that you should always check first.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apollos82
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 4:36 PM
Word!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Teacher101
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Quoting frndlyfn:

I feel the SAME way.... my SIL however does not. Hence how frustrated I was when we showed up (2 hr drive) to my MIL and found out my nephew was blowing chunks all day and had a fever!

Later when I said, "Gosh I hope my kids don't get sick, but if they do I'm blaming you (joking)" her response was, "well you chose to bring them." That pissed me off. I then replied, "well we had no idea that your kid was sick."

SRUsarahSC
by Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:26 PM

are you the same lady whose husband is out of town for a wedding because your SIL stories match exactly. If you're not, find her, she will be a kindred spirit.

Quoting Teacher101:

Quoting frndlyfn:

I feel the SAME way.... my SIL however does not. Hence how frustrated I was when we showed up (2 hr drive) to my MIL and found out my nephew was blowing chunks all day and had a fever!

Later when I said, "Gosh I hope my kids don't get sick, but if they do I'm blaming you (joking)" her response was, "well you chose to bring them." That pissed me off. I then replied, "well we had no idea that your kid was sick."

Teacher101
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Yes that is me.... I am still pissed about the sick thing... I have had a stomach ache all day and if I end up sick I will be even more upset because I have to go to work all week...

CafeMom is my only real place to vent this weekend because DH is gone and it is just me and the kids... even if DH was here, I am sure he would find someway to defend his sister...

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

are you the same lady whose husband is out of town for a wedding because your SIL stories match exactly. If you're not, find her, she will be a kindred spirit.

Quoting Teacher101:

Quoting frndlyfn:

SRUsarahSC
by Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:31 PM

you're niot wrong on this point.  Some forewarning so you could have stayed home with your kids and relaxed a bit would have been nice.  I had the flu three years in a row on thanksgiving and I stayed home while everyone else went to eat.  

Quoting Teacher101:

Yes that is me.... I am still pissed about the sick thing... I have had a stomach ache all day and if I end up sick I will be even more upset because I have to go to work all week...

CafeMom is my only real place to vent this weekend because DH is gone and it is just me and the kids... even if DH was here, I am sure he would find someway to defend his sister...

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

Quoting Teacher101:

Quoting frndlyfn:

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:07 PM

I'm making a 12 hour drive to take the kids to see family.  I'm not "going home" if they catch a bug!  BUT, if they catch a bug, I'll make sure I let people know.

My family and my inlaws all know kids get sick and colds aren't the end of the world.  Nobody would want to NOT see us on the one trip home a year we get to make b/c of sniffles.  But stomach flu...yeah.  That'd be different.  We'll be in town 2 weeks, so they'll be at home with Grandma recovering if they got SICK sick.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)