Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
What do you give your kids' teachers for Christmas?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:10 PM
Replies (11-20):
notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:22 AM

last year dd and i made a vase with colored pencils, not sure what we are doing this year.

BewitchedKisses
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Nothing. The classes each have wishlists for the entire class that parents can donate to for Christmas.

Stuff like classroom supplies and other things that would have to come out of the teacher's pocket.

Mesh2
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:49 AM

As a teacher, I love getting baked goods, gift cards to Target or restaurants or photos of the class. 

Tennismom360
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 11:03 AM

gift cards

Pnukey
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 11:17 AM

I'm also a teacher, but I'm scared of home-baked goods. Of course, I also work in the ghetto, and never know what's going to be in them.  Seriously. I've received some questionable stuff over the years.

A gift card is never a bad thing, though!

Quoting Mesh2:

As a teacher, I love getting baked goods, gift cards to Target or restaurants or photos of the class. 

Pnukey
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 11:18 AM

I had a parent buy me a pair of very cute shoes one year. I felt really bad because they were way too small.

Ivayla
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Gift card to Dunkin!

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 11:29 AM
Usually personalized gifts of some type. I save gift cards for the end of the year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
needadvice1983
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry, but when did this trend start? I don't ever remember my parents giving my teachers gifts. It's a nice gesture and all but I can't afford to give them presents every year. Besides I give the class a ton of school supplies throughout the year (I coupon so I get stuff for free and donate it to the classrooms). Now I'm suppose to give them school supplies, help out in the class each week, AND give the teachers gifts at the beginning of school, Christmas, and the end of school? That is crazy. I apprieciate my DS's teachers, but I can barely afford Christmas gifts for my kids. I do a lot for the teacher throughout the year. That should be gift enough. Jmo
CJsMommy622
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 11:46 AM
Kids have given teachers gifts for as long as I can remember... We did it growing up through elementary school, and I will do the same with my kids. You don't have to buy anything, have your kids make something.

Quoting needadvice1983:

I'm sorry, but when did this trend start? I don't ever remember my parents giving my teachers gifts. It's a nice gesture and all but I can't afford to give them presents every year. Besides I give the class a ton of school supplies throughout the year (I coupon so I get stuff for free and donate it to the classrooms). Now I'm suppose to give them school supplies, help out in the class each week, AND give the teachers gifts at the beginning of school, Christmas, and the end of school? That is crazy. I apprieciate my DS's teachers, but I can barely afford Christmas gifts for my kids. I do a lot for the teacher throughout the year. That should be gift enough. Jmo

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN