Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

A Sociopath?

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:43 PM
  • 123 Replies

Has anyone ever dealt with a sociopath?  2 years later and I still think about how screwed up it is the way I was treated by this sociopath guy.  We spent ever day together for 4 months and he didn't want to be tied down but showed all this care towards me and then one day just left me for someone else and we cut all ties.  To this day its hard for me to grasp how someone could show such deep care for me and be faking it the whole time.   I have a bf now and we've been together over a year and a half and he's amazing but sometimes I think of this man and it makes me really sad.  Has anyone ever experienced this?

by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yezay
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:43 PM

bump

yezay
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Anyone?

grey7399
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:52 PM
7 moms liked this

If he's not bugging in RL now, you need to get past it.  You lost 4 months, big whoop de doo.

You might be the sociopath if you can't let go him at this late date.

weezer_cookie
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:54 PM
5 moms liked this
He said he didn't want to be tied down, then you were upset when your FWB left? Doesn't sound like a sociopath to me. Sounds like he wasn't that into you. Obviously or you would still be together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sunivondea
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:55 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm a sociopath. It's not hard to pass off love toward the ones society says you're supposed to love.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
yezay
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:56 PM

I've moved on and have no desire to ever see or speak to him again.  It's not so much him I'm hung up on it's his actions that I can't understand.  When someone is sucked in by a sociopath it really messes with their mind for a long time.  I will just never be able to understand how someone is able to fake something so real or what their motive would be.

Quoting grey7399:

If he's not bugging in RL now, you need to get past it.  You lost 4 months, big whoop de doo.

alwayskk
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:56 PM
3 moms liked this

Do you know he was a sociopath?

Men have told me they loved me then turn around and ran. That doesn't make them a sociopath, though.

yezay
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:57 PM

That's the thing tho he would say one thing and then act another day and then when I'd try to leave he'd fip out on me and basically harass me and pull me back in.  I literally spent every day with him and he was constantly calling and texting me.

Quoting weezer_cookie:

He said he didn't want to be tied down, then you were upset when your FWB left? Doesn't sound like a sociopath to me. Sounds like he wasn't that into you. Obviously or you would still be together.

grey7399
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:58 PM
3 moms liked this

::: sigh ::: are you sure you want to understand this?  Is there really anything a sane person can do that can "understand" what an asshole does?

Quoting yezay:

I've moved on and have no desire to ever see or speak to him again.  It's not so much him I'm hung up on it's his actions that I can't understand.  When someone is sucked in by a sociopath it really messes with their mind for a long time.  I will just never be able to understand how someone is able to fake something so real or what their motive would be.

Quoting grey7399:

divinedimension
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:58 PM
2 moms liked this

That reason alone is just not enough to make certain that he is a sociopath. My clients say things like this all the time. Sometimes the truth of the matter is that men try things out and decide they're just not that into things with a woman. A person has every right to change their mind. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)