Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you have an Elf On The Shelf?

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:23 PM
  • 58 Replies

If so when do you start yours? I wanna see your pics for some ideas :) We started Thanksgiving night. Here are pics of day one and two and then tomorrow.

by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
christina0607
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:27 PM
1 mom liked this

No, I don't really get it.

scoutfamilyof7
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Quoting christina0607:

Basically, he watches the kids during the day and flies back to  the North Pole to report. Then when he gets back he is in a different place. Sometimes naughty sometimes not. My kids LOVE it! The only rule is the kids can't touch him or he looses his magic.

beeonit
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:32 PM
Haha I wanted to get the book/elf set at Target on Friday, but it sold out. I'll probably buy it this week and start moving him around!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momma2b2008
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:32 PM
Not yet, but I think my SIL got the girls one today! :-) I'm excited!
christina0607
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Oh no I've read the book it comes with, I completely understand the premise...I just don't get it.

Quoting scoutfamilyof7:

Quoting christina0607:

Basically, he watches the kids during the day and flies back to  the North Pole to report. Then when he gets back he is in a different place. Sometimes naughty sometimes not. My kids LOVE it! The only rule is the kids can't touch him or he looses his magic.

Make someone happy today, mind your own business.

Jennyanne322
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:35 PM
2 moms liked this
I am with you on this one. I don't get it either. Plus I think it would be a pain in my ass to remember to move it every night.

Quoting christina0607:

Oh no I've read the book it comes with, I completely understand the premise...I just don't get it.

Quoting scoutfamilyof7:

Quoting christina0607:

Jaxsonsmama2009
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:36 PM
Yeah I would forget too and Christmas would be ruined. Lol.

Quoting Jennyanne322:

I am with you on this one. I don't get it either. Plus I think it would be a pain in my ass to remember to move it every night.

Quoting christina0607:

Quoting scoutfamilyof7:

Quoting christina0607:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Nobody.
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:37 PM
Lol! I've never done elf on a shelf but it looks hilarious. How is your youngest daughter btw?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmclife58
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:39 PM

I just bought one tonight. It should be here on Wednesday. We are going to start it on the 1st since that is when we are going to put up the tree. 

christina0607
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:41 PM

I would also forget. I also don't get why my kids would need a toy to make sure they were good. The concept is odd to me.

Quoting Jennyanne322:

Quoting christina0607:

Quoting scoutfamilyof7:

Quoting christina0607:

Make someone happy today, mind your own business.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN