Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Back labor

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:32 AM
  • 9 Replies
What does it feel like? My back is killing me, But it's just my back no contractions otherwise
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
FooLynRoo
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:41 AM

For me it hurt in the base of my back starting at either side of my spine and then moving around to the sides, and as the labor progresses around to the front.

During the contraction it felt like my back was having a spasm,and as the constractions got harder, i felt almost paralized during them.

does they pain get stronger and then subside?

Rowdys.Mommy
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:44 AM
No it's pretty constant, it just hurts! I mean it will stop for like 10 seconds here and there and then start again

Quoting FooLynRoo:

For me it hurt in the base of my back starting at either side of my spine and then moving around to the sides, and as the labor progresses around to the front.

During the contraction it felt like my back was having a spasm,and as the constractions got harder, i felt almost paralized during them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FooLynRoo
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:50 AM

sorry momma? are you full term?

any pelvic pressure (more than usual)

any unusualy bathroom business?

Quoting Rowdys.Mommy:

No it's pretty constant, it just hurts! I mean it will stop for like 10 seconds here and there and then start again

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Rowdys.Mommy
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:53 AM
I'm full term, well ill be 39 weeks on Wednesday. I constantly have pressure that's been happening for a while now. It doesn't feel like my water has broke but I'm staton moist but not leaking...so idk lol
I think I just may be hoping but my back is really getting me.

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Quoting Rowdys.Mommy:

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sunivondea
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:58 AM
I had no contractions. No symptoms. Just serious back pain. With my first kid I went to ER because it was so bad I could not sit stand or lay. They told me it was back labor. I had back labor with all 3 of my kids. It was all the same. No pressure, no contractions, nothing. Just lower back pain.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
FooLynRoo
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:58 AM

I wish i had more advice for you, but I only had the one baby and that was almost 19 years ago.

When I woke up - I just knew, and the pain kind of pulsed, came and went.

Try relaxing for a few hours, if its still bad, or gets worse put a call into your OB.

Good luck and if today is your babys birthday Happy Birthday to little dude or dudette!

Quoting Rowdys.Mommy:

I'm full term, well ill be 39 weeks on Wednesday. I constantly have pressure that's been happening for a while now. It doesn't feel like my water has broke but I'm staton moist but not leaking...so idk lol
I think I just may be hoping but my back is really getting me.

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Quoting Rowdys.Mommy:

Quoting FooLynRoo:

notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:54 AM

it feels like someone is taking a sledgehammer to your back on a constant basisa nd there is no relief.

nancym3
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:07 AM
This. It was the worst pain in my back I've ever felt.

Quoting notjstasocermom:

it feels like someone is taking a sledgehammer to your back on a constant basisa nd there is no relief.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Rowdys.Mommy
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Now that I've gotten out of bed and moved around the back pain has stopped...I guess no labor for me

Quoting Sunivondea:

I had no contractions. No symptoms. Just serious back pain. With my first kid I went to ER because it was so bad I could not sit stand or lay. They told me it was back labor. I had back labor with all 3 of my kids. It was all the same. No pressure, no contractions, nothing. Just lower back pain.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN