Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I think my mom is crazy- OMG she just did it again!! only worse!!! thats it

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:22 PM
  • 89 Replies

or at least has the mind of a 15 yr old or something.    I have been told for years by close friends and DH that my mom is nuts and a very negative influence on my life but well she's my mom so I ignored it.  However, it seems everyone was right.    As a mom I am so proud of every accomplishment my kids achieve.  My mom is not.   I started a very successful cleaning busines a yr ago and instead of being happy her first comment was " remember you cant go through peoples drawers"    Really mom?  you know because apparently I have a habit of that and didn't know it?   Her next was " dont ignore the IRS" again really?  I am so stupid?     Then, I got a kidney stone and she said it was because I was working too hard.  I bought a new house ( by myself DH is in school)  she said  "dont get to big for your britches now"  what?    DD is making straight A's in highschool and I was excited about it, her comment was "well she doesn't go to public school so its probably easier"  she goes to private school that is rated # 4 in the nation for college preparedness.      My mom slapped me a lot when I was a kid, and I said I would never slap my children and her comment was "wait until they become teens" well DD is 16 and never been slapped, her response was "well your just a better mother than me" and she said it very sarcastically.     I could go on and on and on but its long enough.  Is it me?  Or does she sound like a jealous teenager?    BTW I have not thrown this is in her face like she claims I have just been happy with things and wanted to tell my mom.     

OMG She just pulled another one, she called to get my address to send kids Christmas presents ( she does give presents to the kids) and DD 16 answered and jokingly said "what are you getting me for Christmas?" and my mother ( now tell me shes not crazy) said " a little N!$@er doll"  I will not say that horrible word so i hope you can figure it out.   My DD said "here's mom" and gave me the phone and wrote what she said.  I told her that was horribly innappropriate and wrong and she said " fine they aren't getting anything" and hung up.  Thats it we are done never again.

by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lordgodempress
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:24 PM

BUMP!

Lordgodempress
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:27 PM

BUMP!

Lordgodempress
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:31 PM

BUMP!

AF2011
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:32 PM

She sounds jealous and a little crazy all mixed into one

Cochise
by Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:33 PM

I had a mother-in-law who was just like that !!  I always suspected something wasn't right. Maybe bi-polar ...or just a plain old mean bitch.  Not everyone is nice....my mother-in-law treated her children like that too....it seemed she was kinder to strangers than her own blood.   ):

BewitchedKisses
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:35 PM
2 moms liked this

Just stop talking to her. 

If your mom is like that, she isn't worth your time. Not talking to your mom is a lot easier than most people think. You just have to be strong and not let her poison you or your children.

Lordgodempress
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Quoting Cochise:

I had a mother-in-law who was just like that !!  I always suspected something wasn't right. Maybe bi-polar ...or just a plain old mean bitch.  Not everyone is nice....my mother-in-law treated her children like that too....it seemed she was kinder to strangers than her own blood.   ):

Shes not Bi Polar because her moods dont change,  she treats all of us that way and strangers too and then whines because she doesnt have friends.    The older she gets the more the worse it gets.

Lordgodempress
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Quoting BewitchedKisses:

Just stop talking to her. 

If your mom is like that, she isn't worth your time. Not talking to your mom is a lot easier than most people think. You just have to be strong and not let her poison you or your children.

yeah I think thats what I'm going to have to do,  we live 2 states away and I'm the one who has always reached out but I dont think I willl do it anymore.

K_D88
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:39 PM

My mom is like that I always assumed maybe she was bi-polar...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
Lordgodempress
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Quoting K_D88:

My mom is like that I always assumed maybe she was bi-polar...

I thought and correct me if I'm wrong but dont people with bi polar disorder have mood swings and go through manic phases?  My mom is always like that, her mood doesnt change at all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)