Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I think my mom is crazy- OMG she just did it again!! only worse!!! thats it

or at least has the mind of a 15 yr old or something.    I have been told for years by close friends and DH that my mom is nuts and a very negative influence on my life but well she's my mom so I ignored it.  However, it seems everyone was right.    As a mom I am so proud of every accomplishment my kids achieve.  My mom is not.   I started a very successful cleaning busines a yr ago and instead of being happy her first comment was " remember you cant go through peoples drawers"    Really mom?  you know because apparently I have a habit of that and didn't know it?   Her next was " dont ignore the IRS" again really?  I am so stupid?     Then, I got a kidney stone and she said it was because I was working too hard.  I bought a new house ( by myself DH is in school)  she said  "dont get to big for your britches now"  what?    DD is making straight A's in highschool and I was excited about it, her comment was "well she doesn't go to public school so its probably easier"  she goes to private school that is rated # 4 in the nation for college preparedness.      My mom slapped me a lot when I was a kid, and I said I would never slap my children and her comment was "wait until they become teens" well DD is 16 and never been slapped, her response was "well your just a better mother than me" and she said it very sarcastically.     I could go on and on and on but its long enough.  Is it me?  Or does she sound like a jealous teenager?    BTW I have not thrown this is in her face like she claims I have just been happy with things and wanted to tell my mom.     

OMG She just pulled another one, she called to get my address to send kids Christmas presents ( she does give presents to the kids) and DD 16 answered and jokingly said "what are you getting me for Christmas?" and my mother ( now tell me shes not crazy) said " a little N!$@er doll"  I will not say that horrible word so i hope you can figure it out.   My DD said "here's mom" and gave me the phone and wrote what she said.  I told her that was horribly innappropriate and wrong and she said " fine they aren't getting anything" and hung up.  Thats it we are done never again.

by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:22 PM
Replies (21-30):
Momof2angels88
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 2:06 PM
I think my mom is bi-polar and a hypochondriac. Every time I talk to her she always had to one up me. If I say my back hurts ( I have 2 bulging disks) she will say I know mine hurts worse than yours. Um, how does she know how bad mine hurts? I developed Bell's palsy in January 2010, all the sudden in March 2010 she has MS ( doesn't that usually begin in your 20's, she's 65). Now she says her vision is 2200, isn't that considered legally blind? She still drives. She complains that I get more money than her (I get disability, she's retired), I get $698 (for me and 2 kids), she gets $689, plus she has her boyfriend living with her who pays ALL the bills, I pay all my bills.
I told her the other day that I lost 64 pounds, she looks at me and says "where". One day my DD (she was 3 at the time) found a dollar on the ground and ran to pick it up, my mom pushed my DD on to the ground and snatched the dollar. My mom stole my silverware, pots and pans and dishes, multiple times, but she can't cook in her house because he stove hasn't worked for over 12 years!!
Why does she need several sets of pots and pans when 1: she can't use them to cook and 2: its only her and her boyfriend in the house, NOONE is allowed in her house because she has boxes stacked from the floor to the ceiling. That's just to name a few, oh wait the big kicker!! When my DD died in 1998 and my DS was murdered in 2008, she had the nerve to tell me that she doesn't understand why I'm so upset, because they were HER babies ( my DD was 2 weeks old, my DS was 15 years old). I pushed them out and cared for them from the day if birth until they passed away and they were her babies and not mine. When my DD was getting ready to be taken off life support, the nurse told both of us that If they didn't bag her she would be gone in a matter of seconds, I said ok I want to hold my baby when she dies, guess who was carrying her into the room and pushing the nurse who was trying to bag her away? If you guessed my mom you are right!! She was the one holding her when she took her last breath, I held her when they pronounced her. Psycho mom, yep that's mine!!!!
Treymama
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 2:08 PM
I don't understand how you could be jealous of your own hold but I'm sure that's what it is. My mom acts like I owe her the world so do my brother and sister. I even text her last week and told her I don't know how you can think the way you do about me and how you are so willing to screw over your own child as if I was somebody else. I told her I'm sick of it it's bs and I it doesn't stop I will stop all contact with her period

Quoting Lordgodempress:

Quoting Treymama:

I feel the same way about my mom. Neither her or my sister or brother work. My brother is on disability and lives with my mom in the house I own. (I do not live there) and my sister does not work and lives off state assistance. I am the only one that works and I went to school graduated from college and make decent money and my husband works as well. They are never happy for me about anything. They make rude comments about my money and what I spend it on. I do have more then they do and my boys do have more then their kids but I work to make that money. It is not my fault they don't have money and blame me for not wanting to pay their bills. It is terrible. It's a constant fight with them.

So I know how you feel. It sucks because it is my mom and I do love her. Her shit is just impossible to handle and I am to the point where I can no longer tell her about anything really going on in my life. Or my kids. She always manages to throw it in my face how my nephew isn't getting the same treatment. Or some bullshit like that. Well I'm not his mother he has one it is my job to take care of myself and my children. They need to grow up and get their shit together. I believe it is jealousy.

I guess the biggest thing for me is that I do not understand being jealous of your own child.    it doesnt make sense to me.    My mom and stepdad both work and make plenty of money but cant pay their bills ever.     It just doesnt make sense.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sucker4myloves
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 2:12 PM

So when she says those things, does she also congratulate you on success or is it JUST the negativity? Cause if she's also happy for you, that's just a concerned mom looking out for her kid. If it's just the bad stuff, she sounds like a bitch.

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

ffpm10
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 2:15 PM
She sounds like a miserable bitch.
I think you'll be a lot happier without her.
The only mental illness it sounds like is MAYBE depression, but id go with the miserable bitch diagnosis
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
inspain
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Oh, no.  She sounds just like my mother.  My mother is a narcissist and a sociopath.  And, yes, she sounds like a jealous, immature teenager.  The mean-spiritedness is tiring and always hurtful.  And my mother got (has gotten) much worse with age.  Jealous and critical of my choices, my marriage, my accomplishments, my friends and my kids.  She always wants to be the center of attention and pouts and sulks when things aren't going her way.  She expects to be worshipped and acts like anything I have is actually either hers or only mine because of her and somehow I owe her.  NOTHING is ever her fault and, in my whole life (46 years) she has never apologized for ANYTHING and accepts no responsibility for anything she's done that's bad, but wants credit for anything good - even if she had nothing to do with it.  

The behavior never improves, there is no cure or treatment, and my only option was to, finally, cut ties with her entirely.

Peaceful.chaos
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 2:32 PM
She just sounds like a normal mom to me. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LCG83
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 2:34 PM
My mom acts like a rebellious 12yo. I love her dearly but her behavior lately sickens me.
Cherish77
by Cherish on Nov. 25, 2012 at 2:42 PM
She is just plain bitchy, you don't need her toxin, just let her go.
1likeme
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 2:53 PM
She is emotionally abusive. Your best bet is to accept that she will never change then you have the ability to adjust your expectations accordingly. If everything from her has always been negative then stop giving her the ammunition of defending yourself. You know who you are you don't need her validation. You do not have to constantly explain yourself and you being an adult means that you decide who is in your life. If your mother truly wanted a good relationship with you she would have nurtured that. I think you should look up daughters of narcissistic mothers and see what strikes you.
Kid_Cat_Mom2005
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 2:53 PM
She sounds very immature. If it was me, I'd just keep the topics about mundane things, like the weathers or movies.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN